Question on Note2 screen res comapred to S3 ?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a question on the Note II, what makes it so much better than the Galaxy S III ? I know the spec's, that's not my point, I mean the bigger screen size.

The S III is 4.8" 720p, and the Note II is 5.5" 720p too right ? Do both phones have the exact same resolution ? So if going to a 5.5" 720p screen, are we not getting more screen real estate on that larger screen over the S III ? If not, whats the point of the larger screen ?

Would be like a 24" monitor at 1920 x 1200res compared to a 30" at 2560 x 1600res, but the 30" would still just be 1920 x 1200, if the Note II has the same resolution as the S III ? There is no extra benefit of the larger 5.5" screen if it is still the same resolution as the S III ? Sure things will look larger on the Note II compared to the S III, but are we getting more icons, or more widgets on screen with the Note II, than what the S III would have ?

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the res is the same. You do get the bigger screen. Here in the us the s3 is only dual core. The note will have a faster processor. The s-pen. The bigger screen real estate makes better for some us. I know for me it does as it gives me a bigger screen that I can carry in my pockey while at work since I can't carry a tablet.

Sent from my LG-P930

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a question on the Note II, what makes it so much better than the Galaxy S III ? I know the spec's, that's not my point, I mean the bigger screen size.

The S III is 4.8" 720p, and the Note II is 5.5" 720p too right ? Do both phones have the exact same resolution ? So if going to a 5.5" 720p screen, are we not getting more screen real estate on that larger screen over the S III ? If not, whats the point of the larger screen ?

Would be like a 24" monitor at 1920 x 1200res compared to a 30" at 2560 x 1600res, but the 30" would still just be 1920 x 1200, if the Note II has the same resolution as the S III ? There is no extra benefit of the larger 5.5" screen if it is still the same resolution as the S III ? Sure things will look larger on the Note II compared to the S III, but are we getting more icons, or more widgets on screen with the Note II, than what the S III would have ?

Yes u get 5 rows of icos on the screens instead of 4. U get things like the forward back arrows in the status bar of the browser. Better for movies browsing bigger keyboard all that. U get things like those that a lot of other smaller screened phones don't get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
For me, definitely better for watching videos. Also writing on the note feels very good vs iOS devices, and I own both. Can get down to very minute detail. And theoretically bigger batter means longer time away from wall.

Side tracked myself, but ultimately how often will you browse the web or watch videos? If quite often, get the note, it'll be more enjoyable.

Volknut

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The Note 2 is no longer Pentile RGBG striped, it has RGB stripes like the Super AMOLED Plus.. but doesn't have the "Plus" because the blue stripes are still a little smaller then the other cells. I think that should be a good thing since AMOLED is always too blue anyway.

So technically, the Note 2 has a higher resolution screen then the S3.

No more PenTile? Samsung Galaxy Note II specs review

Can't wait!

Bippoptl

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I have been a die hard iPhone fan from the beginning. Always preaching that droids suck compared to the iPhone. However, I do a lot of Internet surfing and a lot of movie watching on my phone and Apple's new 4 inch iPhone just isn't gonna cut it anymore. Plus I've finally come to the reality that iOS software is pissing me off. Yes it's easy to use, but this Note 2 has features I'd kill for. So screw you apple, after years I'm finally giving in. I WILL definitely buy this Note 2. I hope Samsung releases it soon though!

Reactions: vincentallen2

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been a die hard iPhone fan from the beginning. Always preaching that droids suck compared to the iPhone. However, I do a lot of Internet surfing and a lot of movie watching on my phone and Apple's new 4 inch iPhone just isn't gonna cut it anymore. Plus I've finally come to the reality that iOS software is pissing me off. Yes it's easy to use, but this Note 2 has features I'd kill for. So screw you apple, after years I'm finally giving in. I WILL definitely buy this Note 2. I hope Samsung releases it soon though!

Welcome to the good side, we've been waiting for you ;)

Sent from my kingdom using Tapatalk 2

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
And technically didn't the original Note have a better screen resolution?

Ya but the note 2 is a different type of pentile that is close to a normal RGB screen so u won't notice a difference in the 15PPI ur losing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums