Top Reason for Getting the Galaxy Note 2

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm, well for me i don't carry an iPad all the time and i would this Note2 so I like carrying around a bigger screen that still attaches to a belt.

The Nottinator

jaymars

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, Amazon also has one for the iPad for $15, so there goes "more expensive" again. And I didn't call him silly and outrageous, I said that the idea that a 5.5 inch device was more productive then a 10 inch device was silly. What I find so amusing about all of this is a good percentage of the people who are getting the Note are doing so because they think they will be more productive on a larger screen. So the thought that I am incredulous about the increases in productivity from down-sizing shouldn't really attract that much venom.

An AV cable? For their new Lightning standard? Anyway, it's not just about the screen size. There's a trade off. Less (but still very large) screen, more portability. And as far as the battery, well it should be obvious. Longer battery life (or spare battery capability) gives you more time to get more work done and be "productive", and in more places where there isn't an outlet. It wasn't about the price of the battery, it was about the iPad not being able to switch them out.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I didn't say anything about Android devices vs iOS devices. I was talking about switching from a 10 inch device to a 5.5 inch one. I said Note above, but this conversations was strictly about the 5.5 inch Note 2 vs the iPad.

I'm switching from an IOS phone to an Android phone, so I can assure you I am not biased towards one over the other.

Yeah but the Note 2 is just a smaller 10.1 so the principle still applies. I only said research the 10.1 because that was when Samsung went all out explaining the new S-Pen features. With the Note 2, it was like they assumed we all new what was cool about it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My biggest reason for getting one, or at least wanting one, is te Pen. I've been a PDA user for 10+ years and really missed being able to jot down notes and actually write on my PDA verses typing everything.

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear that. I am also involved in Sandy related work and my S2 is killing me. Ever since the update from 2 weeks ago, my battery life is about 6 hours. I finally called Sprint last night and ordered the Note 2. Having it delivered directly to my work site.

I spent the past three days trapped in my office working on Sandy related issues. I was texting almost continuously, and on the phone constantly (my call logs are HUGE). The Note 2 was a complete champ, and had I been using my S2, I would have lost my sanity. Not only was I able to access data and take calls all around the office, the battery life was incredible - I was barely able to sit down for more than a couple of minutes, which meant I wasn't able to charge most of the day. Yet with all the calls and texts and data usage, the battery never went below 35%. Not being concerned with my battery was a load off of my mind in that situation. And when I did get a breather to charge the phone, it charged so quickly that I got back almost 1% for every minute on charge.

I also used the speaker phone for conference calls as well as the 3 way calling feature. It was an impressive baptism of fire.

OffSpot2

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I want the note 2 because my old eyes cannot focus on a 4.3" screen easily anymore, and a tablet is too big to carry on my hip...
Removeable battery, storage, and a future update potential protection...
And it is time to move on from the DroidX to the now, and not wait forever for the next newest whatever... Nuff said!

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
.....What I find so amusing about all of this is a good percentage of the people who are getting the Note are doing so because they think they will be more productive on a larger screen. So the thought that I am incredulous about the increases in productivity from down-sizing shouldn't really attract that much venom.
I don't fall into this category. Productivity had nothing to do with getting this phone. I don't know how many people will tell you they wanted it because they wanted it.

I knew this was going to be my next phone since last year when Sprint didn't get it. I wasn't willing to switch carriers for the original note.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

rap1

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that the two most common comments in my quick read through (I didn't take a count) are larger screen and great battery life. I was surprised how few mentioned the S-pen (which I think I would really like). It makes me think there might be a market for a phone somewhere in between with the screen & battery but without the cost of the Wacom digitizer.

G_The_One

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that the two most common comments in my quick read through (I didn't take a count) are larger screen and great battery life. I was surprised how few mentioned the S-pen (which I think I would really like). It makes me think there might be a market for a phone somewhere in between with the screen & battery but without the cost of the Wacom digitizer.
You could be onto something! ;)

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I was surprised how few mentioned the S-pen (which I think I would really like).

I think most people don't realize how useful the pen is going to be until they have used it. I didn't think I would ever use it, and then I spent a half hour playing with a Note 2 in a local T-Mobile. After playing with the pen for a while, I think I will use it a lot more then I expected to. I imagine that might be true for a lot of people.

Younjulius

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have iPad I love and use every day. I also have Galaxy Nexus that I like and use every day. Galaxy Note II is my attempt at merging the two devices so that I can carry it around any where and stay connected all the time. iPad is too big to carry around every where and GNex is too small of screen to read for a long time.

I'll find out for myself once I start using Note II for a couple weeks. Fingers crossed.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I may be one who said screen and battery....don't remember. I can definitely remember I've been using my pen non stop since last Thurs launch day.

And don't let me lay it down somewhere.....panic sets in until I find it. I know...I know....I could always put it back in the slot but what fun would that be? :p

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I may be one who said screen and battery....don't remember. I can definitely remember I've been using my pen non stop since last Thurs launch day.

And don't let me lay it down somewhere.....panic sets in until I find it. I know...I know....I could always put it back in the slot but what fun would that be? :p

Did you turn on the keeper that alerts you?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree. I'm trying to accomplish the same thing.

I have iPad I love and use every day. I also have Galaxy Nexus that I like and use every day. Galaxy Note II is my attempt at merging the two devices so that I can carry it around any where and stay connected all the time. iPad is too big to carry around every where and GNex is too small of screen to read for a long time.

I'll find out for myself once I start using Note II for a couple weeks. Fingers crossed.

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Well the reasons for leaving my already great phone which is a razr maxx,,,,
Big screen, finally picture folder options, jelly bean

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I went for the Note 2 for its huge screen and lag free Jellybean. But the greatly improved reception/3G speeds and the insane battery life are actually more useful and important. I cannot stress how much nicer it is to use the Note 2 for calls. And yes, I stick it right up to my ear. No bluetooth or wired headsets for me.

Another great feature that I had not expected to impress is typing. The size of the Note 2 in portrait mode is in that sweet spot where you can reach all the keys easily with your thumbs, big enough to hold it comfortably with two hands, and big enough that the keys are easy to tap discretely. The Note 2 with SwiftKey is the fastest I've ever typed on a mobile device, surpassing the speeds I achieved on my Treo 650.

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I think most people don't realize how useful the pen is going to be until they have used it.

That's true. And i think people who have the phone sometimes fail to mention it because it's not something you actually use all the time. I don't, because I still like operating the phone with one hand (which took some practice but now it's easy). But when I do use it I'm really really glad it's there. The S pen + S note combo has saved me from fumbling around in my bag for a pen and paper multiple times. That alone scores big points in my book. :)

I also love airview (convenient for quickly browsing through emails) and when i see something funny or interesting it's great to be able to take screenshots, and then annotate and share them with my friends through Facebook, Google+ or Whatsapp.

I can't say it's what I love most about the phone. The screen, speed and battery life are still the most notable attributes because it's what i actually see and experience all the time. But i do think the S pen is worth the additional price compared to phones with similar screens and battery packs. =)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have started to use the S pen a Lot lately. I didn't think that I Would in the beginning. I like to sit my phone on my desk with the pen out and reply to messages and take notes with the pen. It is so much more convenient than to have to pick up my phone all the time to respond to texts or emails. I am really loving it. Using it now actually to compose this response.:)

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you turn on the keeper that alerts you?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

That alert means nothing. The vibration is so light that if you're not paying attention you won't know it vibed. Also it's more motion than anything. I can tilt the phone and get that little alert. I thought the keeper would be more akin to walking some distance away from the phone and getting an alert no S-Pen inserted.

It's not as practical as I imagined it to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol