Top Reason for Getting the Galaxy Note 2

popologuy

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
what's your reason? I'm getting it because I want to be able to read my cell phone screen without grampa glasses.. Oh, and because it's a great device!

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
what's your reason? I'm getting it because I want to be able to read my cell phone screen without grampa glasses.. Oh, and because it's a great device!

I want this phone because my eyes are older than the rest of me ;) and because, for a couple weeks last year, I tried a 7" HTC Flyer tablet which continually bugged me---Felt as if it should be used for texting and talking (but couldn't be, of course). I'm waaaay excited about the Note II and hope it is imminently released to USA carriers.

spddy

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about getting it for my wife. One bigger screen and less problems she will have like she is with her atrix.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Because I can. 1.6 Quad Core, 2 gig ram, 5.5 inch screen, expandable storage space. Did I mention Jellybean???

^^ Loved this reply.

My upgrade is burning a hole in my pocket. I was really close to getting the S3 when rumors of the Note 2 started appearing. That made me decide to wait it out.

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
My coworker told me to check out the Note2. Now I WANT it!

I currently have an HTC. . . will I survive the switch from HTC to Sammy? :-!

Noldorian

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
After using an iPhone for years, I've figured out what I want and need a smartphone to do.

That is to say, my app usage is very different on my smartphone vs. my tablet. Some crossover -- like syncing bookmarks -- is great but for the most part I use these devices in very different ways.

I've discovered that making calls is, for me, not the activity I do most on my smartphone; in fact, it ranks like #4 in activities I spend the most time doing on a mobile device. I access the web the most and want my web-accessing experience to be the best I can make it.

So, for me, the top reason to get the Galaxy Note 2 is the screen size. I want a phablet, I want a big old window looking onto the internet and my data. I also want to keep it in my pocket, something I can't do with my iPad.

There are Android versions of most all the apps I use on my iPhone. For certain ones, there are easily-instituted alternates. I point this out because it's not the Android OS so much that I find appealing (even though it is very nice and I love its very customizable options, something I didn't get much of from iOS).

When the Note 2 hits AT&T here in the U.S., I'm jumping on board and buying this bad-boy as my communications device. My iPhone 4 and its tiny 3.5 screen will become a wifi-tethered music player I keep in my car.

Sorry for the rambling reply -- I just want to be sure I'm making sense.

Mook1e

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Better yet, sell the iPhone 4 and get a 5th gen iPod touch!

After using an iPhone for years, I've figured out what I want and need a smartphone to do.

That is to say, my app usage is very different on my smartphone vs. my tablet. Some crossover -- like syncing bookmarks -- is great but for the most part I use these devices in very different ways.

I've discovered that making calls is, for me, not the activity I do most on my smartphone; in fact, it ranks like #4 in activities I spend the most time doing on a mobile device. I access the web the most and want my web-accessing experience to be the best I can make it.

So, for me, the top reason to get the Galaxy Note 2 is the screen size. I want a phablet, I want a big old window looking onto the internet and my data. I also want to keep it in my pocket, something I can't do with my iPad.

There are Android versions of most all the apps I use on my iPhone. For certain ones, there are easily-instituted alternates. I point this out because it's not the Android OS so much that I find appealing (even though it is very nice and I love its very customizable options, something I didn't get much of from iOS).

When the Note 2 hits AT&T here in the U.S., I'm jumping on board and buying this bad-boy as my communications device. My iPhone 4 and its tiny 3.5 screen will become a wifi-tethered music player I keep in my car.

Sorry for the rambling reply -- I just want to be sure I'm making sense.

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Bigger is better.

I've had a Dell Streak for 2 years and there is no way I can go back to a small phone. I'm sort of glad the iPhone has finally moved to a 4" screen, cause my wife's 3.7" iPhone looks just TINY compared to mine. Most of our phones are media machines, and the bigger screen takes full advantage of that. Now adding in the s-pen (stylus) adds creation capability to it. i had an old touchscreen PDA for years. I'm looking forward to getting back to a true all-in-one device that can do everything and do it well.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
My coworker has been waiting for one since the first. I decided to check it out because he was so excited for it. Now i want it! 5.5 inch screen and removable 3100 MAH battery? Yes, please!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ba4g

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I want this phone because my eyes are older than the rest of me ;) and because, for a couple weeks last year, I tried a 7" HTC Flyer tablet which continually bugged me---Felt as if it should be used for texting and talking (but couldn't be, of course). I'm waaaay excited about the Note II and hope it is imminently released to USA carriers.

As a road warrior I've always thought a tablet with text talk capabilities would be sweet!
Oh yeah, now there's the note2. If VZW ever gets it I'd bet it would sell very well.

Zstephen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a nook color I just mostly for productivity apps and heavy reading, books, comics, etc
I use my phone phone for reading news and forums and gaming,I find seven inches to be a bit ungainly for playing touch screen games, so something right in between four and seven inches sounds great to me
Also the specs, can't beat 'em

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I spend a lot of time away from home for 24+ hours at a time so I could really use the bigger screen for video, browsing, better email viewing, games, and reading. Not to mention finally having a phone with a front AND rear facing camera so I can video chat with my kiddos. Couple that with the quad core processor and 2 gig of ram and I am thinking this phone was MADE for me.

I wonder how big it will be if they make an Otterbox for it...? lol.