How good will the camera be?

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The best camera is the one you have on you. We know this to be true. As is, the camera on my Dell Streak is awful. Don't let the 5MP specs fool you, it is bad. Slow, blurry, and all around poor images. The iPhone 4 my wife has is decent, but not great. I'm not expecting SLR quality, but at least good quality pictures.

My priority in the next phone I get will be one whose pictures I can be proud of. Pictures that I can actually use. Pictures where I'm OK uploading them to the company blog/facebook/etc. Pictures I can email to family and not be embarrassed.

What do you think? Specs are not the whole picture. Will the camera be good? Is the camera on the S3 good? I'm assuming that the Note2 will have a similar camera as the S3. Would I be correct in that asumption?

Thanks.

*I don't have an S3 handy to compare the camera.

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I found the camera on my S2 to be good enough to ditch my point and shoot altogether. I can only imagine the S3 camera, and by relation the Note 2's will do just great for you.

mrjoshw

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
i was under the impression it would be similar, maybe a little better, than s3. i promise you, the s3 camera does not dissapoint

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Not as good as the iphone 5, I would expect it to be about exactly the same as the S3. Wasn't that noted somewhere at IFA?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
As I understand, the iPhone 5 camera isn't all that much better than the 4S camera because they had to shrink it. The only improvement mentioned at the launch was that low light was better.

anon(39569)

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the same understanding in regards to the iPhone 5's camera as Cobra. However, seeing that a lot of photos of friends and such are often taken in low light situations (restaurants, bars, dusk/evening) I tend to believe that improved low light performance is somewhat of a big plus - especially for a smartphone.

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Actually the camera is smart but the sensor is bigger on the iPhone 5 I have had the 4,4s and now the 5 and its great spittle better the the 4s that I can tell also the lowlight is way better but I'm about to give the iPhone 5 to my Gf and get the note 2 so I'm also interested in seeing if the camera is improved cause after looking at s3 images I'm not to happy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool