I think it should be sooner than later. With nexus season coming up, it will be hard to pass up the next nexus. Considering there shouldnt be another version of the os. Be more hardware which is something the gnex is lacking in. The note 2 will be a good one. But would you honestly pick the note 2 after they show the new nexus?
    09-15-2012 11:10 AM
    Are they aiming at the same users? Feels like Note 2 folks want maximum screen and don't mind a phablet in their pocket. Nexus audience is looking for more of a phone factor. I mean, I think their will be some overlap but feels like different markets to me.
    09-15-2012 12:33 PM
    I think there might me some people in the middle. But the the people who want a note 2 will get one. These 2 device are targeted towards 2 different groups.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    09-15-2012 12:44 PM
    Very true. Very different market. I wanted the note 2. But the nexus could have 4.8 bezel-less display. Giving it the same screen size as the note 2. From top to Bottom (usage of screen) is Not 5.5 maybe diagonal but not top to bottom. So given that. (All speculations on the nexus side) someone wanting the note could have the same screen size in a nexus and a smaller form factor.
    09-15-2012 12:47 PM
    It needs to come sooner. I want one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    09-15-2012 03:38 PM
    I also think that the two devices have different customers. I doubt the next nexus will have the s pen which, together with the big screen is the selling point of the note. Also, so far all nexus phones had a rather current or even last gen processor under the hood which was always rather disappointing, so I have my doubts we will have the latest screamer of a CPU under the hood of the nexus, I doubt it will be anything that will be much faster than the exynos quad in the note 2. Then there is the pure Google experience, people who want that will not even consider the note 2, so, summing up, two devices for two totally different audiences.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    09-18-2012 01:57 PM
    I was really hoping they would have the Note 2 international at least out this week I am hearing nothing. So now it looks like they will wait until after the iphone event stuff? Any word on street dates at all? One thing apple gets right is their announcements, it backs them up with shipments.
    09-19-2012 07:27 AM
    I was really hoping they would have the Note 2 international at least out this week I am hearing nothing. So now it looks like they will wait until after the iphone event stuff? Any word on street dates at all? One thing apple gets right is their announcements, it backs them up with shipments.
    Followed by 4 to 5 week shipping delays.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    09-19-2012 08:41 AM
    The Note 2 is a great device (or seems like it should be, considering).

However, I think the people who get it are banking on two things, first and foremost: (A) screen size (B) s-pen. The next Nexus probably will have a decent sized screen, but not the largest screen that can comfortably be your everyday device. And the s-pen is a HUGE selling point. the Note becomes such a different device having the stylus build in (much like the iPhone is a different device when Siri was built in to the phone, integrated with all areas not just web search).

There might be a small segment that crosses over, but those people are probably the ones that just one the newest and greatest, and probably change phones every 4 or 6 months anyway. I think the next Nexus is going to have to compete with regular flagship phones like the S3, the OneX, iPhone 5s or whatever other flagship gets dropped between now and then. It probably won't have to compete so much with "niche" devices.
    09-19-2012 08:49 AM
    Verge just posted some news about MID NOVEMBER.

I will assume the earliest we could possibly get one would be December then. So much for getting them out the door quick.

Personally I am looking foreword to a screen with better whites and a much faster processor over my current note. Really hope that new screen delivers, it's about the only reason I didn't go SIII with the smaller screen.

Galaxy Note II coming to Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and US Cellular by mid-November | The Verge
    09-19-2012 09:04 AM