The past few weeks have been flooded with smartphone announcements, ranging from Nokia to Motorola, to apple, to Samsung. I'm pretty content with my gnex right now, and running a stock jelly bean rom, I couldn't be more happy. But the gnex is a pretty old device now, and I was looking forward to what next gen devices were going to persuade me from my gnex. The lumia 920 seems like a nice device and all, but we have had hardware like that for a long time now, and the fact that Nokia faked the cameras shots and chose those somewhat ugly colors, really turn me away from it. Plus, it's running windows phone. Next, the Motorola RAZR phones. The only thing that impressed me here was the edge to edge display. But it's not enough to switch. The iPhone 5 was nothing surprising, and I actually really like the hardware design of it, but apple is just playing catch up now. And then the galaxy note 2. This device looks amazing. The specs are top notch, and I think the design of the phone looks just as good as the 920. What really sold me was all of the software features that Samsung added with the spen. Now if only they had stock jelly bean with just spen modifications. So, how do you think the note 2 stands up to all of the other announcements?

Sent from my jelly bean flavored nexus
    09-15-2012 07:45 PM
    So, how do you think the note 2 stands up to all of the other announcements?
    Sent from my jelly bean flavored nexus
    Totally TOPS! I'm simply droooooling for the Note II, especially since my Inspire 4G is no longer what it used to be . . .

I look forward to the thinness of the Note II and its S-pen capabilities and, most of all, to its generous display.
    09-15-2012 09:53 PM
    Agree 100%! I cannot wait until November when it gets released. According to att, they should get it within 2 weeks of the international release if not on the same day...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    09-15-2012 10:15 PM
    Agree 100%! I cannot wait until November when it gets released. According to att, they should get it within 2 weeks of the international release if not on the same day...
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    Yo, do you mind saying your source on this info? I missed that!
    09-15-2012 10:39 PM
    I'm current using a Nexus S, which was my first Android device. I've been paying close attention to all the announcements and the Gnote 2 has everything I'm looking for in my next phone. The only other phone(s) I could see myself getting would be the new Nexus, but as of right now, Galaxy Note 2 all the way.
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    09-19-2012 09:30 PM
    What the Note does is add a CREATION half of usage back to the device. Look at how most devices are used today: reading webpages, watching movies, playing games, reading updates, etc. All of that is simply you, the user, consuming what has already been put out into the world. By having a full featured stylus, the Note lets you create and add content to the world. You are one of the creators, not just a consumer.

And, if (like me) you aren't the most creative guy in the world and don't plan on adding TONS of brilliant content to the cyberverse, you can still use the phone like a great content consumption device. The huge screen means you can read more, watch more, play more, on a bigger easier to see screen. But you have these additional features for any time you want to add a note, draw a sketch, or maybe start to dabble a little in the creation world.
    09-21-2012 08:16 AM
    Perfectly expressed, mellojoe!
    09-21-2012 08:24 AM