10-26-2012 10:23 PM
56 123
tools
    Hi, my name is Bob, and I am an iPhone addict. I have been with the iPhone since day one, but have felt more let down and boxed in with each new model. Jailbreaking has been fun and increasingly necessary, but I'm starting to see I'm jailbreaking most of the time to make my device more Android-like.

The reveal of the iPhone 5 was a big letdown, like many have said. Plus, the 5's "new" style is going to be here for two years, since the 5S is almost a given. So I had to ask myself, "Do I want a phone that looks four years old in two years?". I was almost sold on a Galaxy S3, but then I saw the Note 1 in person, wow! Then I started researching it and learned the much improved sequel was on the horizon. I couldn't have been more excited.

I'm in the same boat as you. I owned a jailbroken 3GS and I currently own a jailbroken 4S. I would always defend iOS against "fandroids", even though I'd have to point out that iOS was pretty much useless without a jailbreak. But now I am at the point where I'm just sick of waiting for Apple to implement features that should be basic. Features that other phones have had by default for years now. The iPhone 5 was a joke. Yes, it's much faster but it's faster at doing the SAME limited things from years ago. I'm also sick of waiting for jailbreaks to be found. It took a good 3-4 months for the last jailbreak and it may take even longer this time and as much as I respect the jailbreak developers, I'm just done with that game.

I was actually looking at Windows phones, as I like the direction that Microsoft is going in and I plan on getting a Surface Pro pending good reviews. I was thinking about a Lumia 920 to compliment it but I was over at Engadget and happen to see the Note 2 review and I was amazed at what I was reading. I've spent the day reading reviews and looking at all the pros and cons, and now I'm hooked. I was convinced that, even with the iPhone 5 being the fastest selling phone, a JB iPhone 4S was as good as it got but now I'm selling this and I'm getting that damn Note 2.
    10-24-2012 10:31 PM
    My greatest mistake was reading Note 2 reviews. I had been looking forward to upgrading from my iPhone 4 to a Lumia 920, and I guess that's still my plan. But now I'm more excited about the Note 2. I almost wish the Note 2 would stop generating such positive reviews!

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk
    10-25-2012 12:46 PM
    Hello all, first post!

I'm still on my Iphone 4; the 4S didn't impress me enough to upgrade, and now the Iphone 5- bleh. Also, I won't even consider an Iphone anymore if I can't jailbreak it, and I have no idea if IO6 is ever going to get done. Saw the Note 1 at my ATT store and fell in
    love with big, gorgeous screen.
    10-25-2012 08:13 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you. I owned a jailbroken 3GS and I currently own a jailbroken 4S. I would always defend iOS against "fandroids", even though I'd have to point out that iOS was pretty much useless without a jailbreak. But now I am at the point where I'm just sick of waiting for Apple to implement features that should be basic. Features that other phones have had by default for years now. The iPhone 5 was a joke. Yes, it's much faster but it's faster at doing the SAME limited things from years ago. I'm also sick of waiting for jailbreaks to be found. It took a good 3-4 months for the last jailbreak and it may take even longer this time and as much as I respect the jailbreak developers, I'm just done with that game.

I was actually looking at Windows phones, as I like the direction that Microsoft is going in and I plan on getting a Surface Pro pending good reviews. I was thinking about a Lumia 920 to compliment it but I was over at Engadget and happen to see the Note 2 review and I was amazed at what I was reading. I've spent the day reading reviews and looking at all the pros and cons, and now I'm hooked. I was convinced that, even with the iPhone 5 being the fastest selling phone, a JB iPhone 4S was as good as it got but now I'm selling this and I'm getting that damn Note 2.
    Have you ever had dej, dej, dej, dej vu? I totally understand. I have bounced around ios and Android. Although jailbreaking is easy, you shouldn't have to in order to get a great experience with the device. Android offers a fully customizable user experience.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
    jaymars likes this.
    10-26-2012 09:49 AM
    Have you ever had dej, dej, dej, dej vu? I totally understand. I have bounced around ios and Android. Although jailbreaking is easy, you shouldn't have to in order to get a great experience with the device. Android offers a fully customizable user experience.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
    It's easy, once they find an exploit. I'm with you, I'm tired of fighting it.
    10-26-2012 10:55 AM
    The iPhone 5 feels really nice in my hand... Then I realize to keep it's nice appearance I have to put it in a case... Which doesn't feel so nice in my hand. Decided on a note 2 for the specs and replaceable back cover.
    Astom22 likes this.
    10-26-2012 10:23 PM
56 123