Anyone say "no" to iPhone 5 and "yes" to Note 2?

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to know if anyone else was not impressed with the iPhone 5, and instead will go for the Note 2.

I like my iP4, but the iP5 is basically the same thing. My eyes sometimes strain reading on the iP4. Going large with the Note 2 seems like a good idea.

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Both my mother and sister picked up the 4s and I am currently on an OG Evo 4G. Definitely not switching to an ip5. It doesn't impress me at all. The GNote2 looks to have the power and screen I'm looking for. As long as it has a removable battery I'm sold.

Evil Evo

graze81

Aug 28, 2011
slavetowhitey.tumblr.com
I have a Nexus S and can upgrade in April 2013. I was interested in the iPhone 5 but I can't use the smaller screen anymore. I am sure a million other phones will be announced before my upgrade time, but right now I'm 100% (maybe a 101% ;) ) set on the GNote 2.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
selling my OG Galaxy Note now to get ready fo the GNote 2! I was glad to see iphone get a larger screen. It actually looks pretty good but I am sticking with android and Sammy. My daughter hit me up for a iphone 5 though...

Just keeping my fingers crossed for the quad core exynos on AT&T!

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I say hell NO to the iPhone and heck YES to the Samsung galaxy note 2.:):thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone screen is still small.
Only apple fanboys will scream that its the perfect size. Well I use to be an Apple fanboy and I saw the light when I saw the note.
In this case, Bigger is better.
The only thing I like about the iPhone is the fit and finish of the materials otherwise it's the same old same old.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait for the Note 2 to drop. I love the Galaxy S3 because of the screen size, but I've always wanted to try out the Note. So, if Verizon gets the Note 2, I'm definitely going to take advantage of the opportunity. I miss having a tablet, but having a phone that big would satisfy me. I've been watching movies and football like crazy on my S3. It's so awesome to watch a movie on your phone and not have to squint your eyes :p

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I watched the apple keynote and got a good laugh how they called the iphone 5 smaller than the 4 based on volume, lol, seriously? Why even bother pointing it out? The rest of the time they just talked about how they matched stuff to what the 4s already have, but in a thinner Form factor. Then of course the comparison the faster processor, Hm, well come on Apple, that's a given! Lastly I got a good laugh when they called the new screen "large". I wonder how many of the software features of ios6 will survive the trip to the older devices.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
for me? Note. That's an easy no-brainer decision.

for my wife? iPhone. She's not as tech-savvy and she has an iPad that she uses quite frequently, so the decision to stay with the Apple ecosystem was a tough one, but the right one for her.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I did and I didn't wait till now to do it. Leaks on the screen for the iphone were about dead certain for a very long time now. I have a used note and eagerly awaiting the note 2.

Dachness

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
YES, two times for Note 2. I am currently on iPhone 4 AT&T and my wife on iPhone 3GS.

We will both be switching to Verizon's Note 2 when it's released.

I have been an iPhone user since the original iPhone and have been running Jailbroken iPhones from the getgo.

While the iphone has a nice retina display, I am definitely looking forward to a larger screen and more ram. On my iPhone 4 I run out of memory unless I keep closing apps in the background.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for the Note 2 to drop. I love the Galaxy S3 because of the screen size, but I've always wanted to try out the Note. So, if Verizon gets the Note 2, I'm definitely going to take advantage of the opportunity. I miss having a tablet, but having a phone that big would satisfy me. I've been watching movies and football like crazy on my S3. It's so awesome to watch a movie on your phone and not have to squint your eyes :p

Well I have the white, sexy Samsung galaxy S3 phone and I love it a lot, and now since the Samsung galaxy note 2 will be coming to Sprint I will be trading in my Samsung galaxy S3 for this device. So excited, November can't come fast enough.:):thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm watching all the iphone 5 coverage, and when they ask ppl "what are you looking forward to with the new model" their answers are the same... Bigger screen, faster, lighter blah blah blah. Hello, those features can't compete with a almost year old Epic 4G Touch. Obviously superior features don't matter to iphone user.
And oh yeah, I'm going from my Sprint SIII to a Vz Note2, so Apple eat my dust...
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait to get it. I have been stuck with the LG optimus s so I think that the note 2 would be a damn good upgrade xD

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a Virgin Mobile with an Optimus V and I want the Note 2, but I wish there was an affordable monthly plan for it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

BCShakarov

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have my iPhone 5 unopened sitting in front of me!! Im examining my wife's iP 5 and I'm not saying it's not nice but I'm not blown away! If the price is right on the GN2, and I can keep my unlimited data plan, I might make the switch.

Dachness

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have my iPhone 5 unopened sitting in front of me!! Im examining my wife's iP 5 and I'm not saying it's not nice but I'm not blown away! If the price is right on the GN2, and I can keep my unlimited data plan, I might make the switch.

Do you happen to have a verizon iphone 5? If so they appear to be unlocked. Sell it for a big chunk of change.

Verizon iPhone 5 is unlocked, able to accept GSM SIMs right away -- Engadget

EDIT: After some deduction, I realized you likely have ATT. If you had Verizon, you would have had to buy the phone at full price with out a contract...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma