Can we talk cases?

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
So back when I had the original HTC Evo I always had a rubbery skin-type case on it, as I seemed to drop that fairly frequently. It was bigger than I was used to (BB curve previously) so I dropped it on occasion. Moving on, I now have the Evo 3D, and it's case-less. It's smaller then the OG Evo, I really don't drop it. I had tried one of those plastic body glove snap on type cases on my OG Evo and to be honest, it really wasn't much of a protector.

However, I plan on grabbing the Note 2 when it hits, and due to it's size I am thinking that getting case for it right away is going to be a smart move. Since I'm not really "up" on the best cases out there, can we discuss this?

I think a simple rubberized "skin' case is probably not going to be the best option, so, I see Seidio has some options on N1 cases, and would guess they will have something soon for the Note2. Looks like for the OG ATT Note, they have the 'active' case.

What about the Otterbox cases? I've never used one, they look HUGE! Will it make the Note2 way too big and bulky?

Are there other manufacturers that we can expect good solid cases from? Will they make the N2 way too bulky?? Inquiring minds want to know.

I am obsessing over the Note 2 and it's release! I've had an upgrade since June/July that has gone unused because nothing looks great - until the Note2! :p

thanks....

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Ya, I expect to get a Samsung flip case. The flip front is leather (which I love to smell) and the back (not leather) attaches to the device. I want a white leather case for my white Note II. ;)

I'm especially happy to see that Samsung is already showing cases for the Note II. I had to search 'n' wait several months for a case to fit my current HTC Inspire 4G, and for my HTC Fuze before that.

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Everyone has different reasoning for the cases they get. I for one will be getting an otterbox defender as soon as it is released. In fact, as much as it will upset me, I will probably hold off on ordering my note 2 until I have my case in hand. I like the protection they offer. I did not feel the defender added all that much bulk to the GS3, and I hope that proves true with the Note 2. Otterbox has also done away with the "rubbery" outer skin that would stretch going in and out of your pocket. It is still silicone "I think" but it is hardened a bit.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Since the Note II is already big naked, I don't want to add to much extra bulk to it with a thick case. So I'll be using the Diztronic TPU case for the Note II once they make one for it. I have one for my EVO LTE and love it. Here's the one they have for the original Note.

Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy Note

View attachment 38709 View attachment 38710

Yep, definitely my go-to case. Love the fit, and good protection.

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I decided to email Otterbox last night and inquire if/when we would see an Otterbox Defender for the Note 2. I received a response today and in short, I was informed there are no current plans to develop a defender series for the Note 2. While this could be a typical response for a product with no official release date, it was a bit disappointing to hear. I really like a strong case protecting my phone and am not sure which case manufacturers I should be eyeing now that Otterbox could potentially be out of the game for this device.

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I decided to email Otterbox last night and inquire if/when we would see an Otterbox Defender for the Note 2. I received a response today and in short, I was informed there are no current plans to develop a defender series for the Note 2. While this could be a typical response for a product with no official release date, it was a bit disappointing to hear. I really like a strong case protecting my phone and am not sure which case manufacturers I should be eyeing now that Otterbox could potentially be out of the game for this device.
I can't even fathom a defender series otterbox on a phone that will already be on the verge of being not "pocketable". IF I get a case at all, I will be getting something very thin. Seidio needs to make a Surface case for the Note 2, that would be perfect for me.

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
well I could go with a commuter series case and get a zagg screen protector. I have just always liked the built in screen protector the defender has to offer. Even if Verizon doesn't release with TMobile and Sprint on Thursday, I should still start to see some cases show up that will give me a better idea of what will be available.

Meadeloaf

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping for Otterbox to make a Defender for the Note II as well. I normally wear cargo shorts with deep pockets, so it wouldn't be too much of an issue for me. Whenever I needed to look formal and presentable, I would've used the belt clip. But the above news has ruined that plan.... Those Samsung flip cases aren't looking too shabby anymore....

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
the one thing I dont like about Otterbox is all the pocket lint that sticks to the case itself.

Have you seen the defender line for the GS3 and iPhone 5? Otterbox has changed up the material it uses. It is no longer textured so it will not stretch when going in and out of your pocket. It also feels as if it is more of a hardened plastic vs the stretchable silicone.

losmorob

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I think the flipcase looks sharp, but might get awkward when taking pictures. How about a flipcase with a hole for the camera in the open position?

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I was considering that flip case too but just wasn't sure how well it would protect the screen and phone if dropped. I have the really seen many cases that are catching my eye other than those.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

WebOS Migrant

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

That's disappointing. I was hoping for a Defender series case for the Note 2 not only for the protection, but for the belt clip. That way, I wouldn't have to worry about it fitting in my pocket.
I'm surprised that they aren't planning on making a Defender case for the Note 2 since they made one for the original Note and I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb to predict that the Note 2 will FAR outsell the original Note.
That said, I've sent my own inquiry to Otterbox regarding a Defender series case for the Note 2. Hopefully, if they receive enough interest, they'll develop the case!

altruisticbees

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have suggestions for cases that make the Note 2 look like a small leather-bound notebook? Barring that, I'll probably get a flip cover. For the meantime I just have a normal jelly case (in bright yellow, which actually looks quite nice).

EDIT: This XDA thread is actually pretty good.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34