Galaxy Note 2 Functionality Update for Note 1?

TheKISSarmy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere about a month ago that Samsung was preparing an update for current Note users that would give the original Note much of the same functionality as what the Note 2 will have (i.e. S-Pen mouse hovering, new custom apps, etc.). Since then, I can't find that article anywhere and am curious if anyone has heard anything about an update from Samsung.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I really haven't heard about that at all, but, if I were a Note owner, I would trade that thing in as soon as the Note 2 comes out. The difference in speed alone is worth it. I find the hardware upgrade between the Note and Note 2 to be very substantial. That S3 processor in the Note is just too pokey. Playing with a display unit of the Note was a rather stuttering experience to me which immediately turned me off to the Note (combined with it only being available on AT&T). The software updates necessary to bring the Note up to snuff with what the Note 2 has to offer seem to be too much to handle for that old Snapdragon the Note has under the hood.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the note and I dont think its slow or laggy at all.
I think many times people check out the display unit and dont realize it has many many apps opened in the background.
OP, I doubt the Note 1 will get those upgrades. We will probably just get Jelly Bean and thats it.
We will have to wait and see.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
@KISS I recall reading the same thing. I remember thinking Note 1 owners will love that. Since then haven't seen any mention of it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

TheKISSarmy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I still love my Note and have no issues with it being laggy - in fact, this thing flies. This is so much faster than anything else I've used. I also love the fact that the Note's smaller screen is still wider than the Note 2's and that's the most important spec for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463