Galaxy Note 2 Functionality Update for Note 1?

TheKISSarmy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere about a month ago that Samsung was preparing an update for current Note users that would give the original Note much of the same functionality as what the Note 2 will have (i.e. S-Pen mouse hovering, new custom apps, etc.). Since then, I can't find that article anywhere and am curious if anyone has heard anything about an update from Samsung.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I really haven't heard about that at all, but, if I were a Note owner, I would trade that thing in as soon as the Note 2 comes out. The difference in speed alone is worth it. I find the hardware upgrade between the Note and Note 2 to be very substantial. That S3 processor in the Note is just too pokey. Playing with a display unit of the Note was a rather stuttering experience to me which immediately turned me off to the Note (combined with it only being available on AT&T). The software updates necessary to bring the Note up to snuff with what the Note 2 has to offer seem to be too much to handle for that old Snapdragon the Note has under the hood.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the note and I dont think its slow or laggy at all.
I think many times people check out the display unit and dont realize it has many many apps opened in the background.
OP, I doubt the Note 1 will get those upgrades. We will probably just get Jelly Bean and thats it.
We will have to wait and see.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
@KISS I recall reading the same thing. I remember thinking Note 1 owners will love that. Since then haven't seen any mention of it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

TheKISSarmy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I still love my Note and have no issues with it being laggy - in fact, this thing flies. This is so much faster than anything else I've used. I also love the fact that the Note's smaller screen is still wider than the Note 2's and that's the most important spec for me.