The Note 2 is potentially ony 12 days away, and BestBuy is having a Deal this Sunday where I can get an S3 for $99. For someone like me on the fence (due to sizing question), would the S3 for this price be worth it over the N2?
    10-12-2012 11:17 AM
    I would say it's a great deal just depends on what you want.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk 2
    10-12-2012 12:36 PM
    Well i have the Samsung galaxy S3 and i am trading that in for the Samsung galaxy note 2 when it comes to Sprint.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    10-12-2012 01:18 PM
    The Note 2 is potentially ony 12 days away, and BestBuy is having a Deal this Sunday where I can get an S3 for $99. For someone like me on the fence (due to sizing question), would the S3 for this price be worth it over the N2?
    You have to remember that the Note, and the S3 are completely different devices, with two different use cases. So the price of one device versus another really can't be a primary consideration.

If all you want is a smartphone that has top notch software, and is somewhat portable, then the S3 is your device. However, if you want an all-in-one device that has the features of a smartphone, the content consumption capabilities of a tablet, and added functions of an electronic note pad, then the Note 2 is your device.

Even if the S3 was free, if you need all the features offered in the Note then getting the S3 will be a disappointment. Not because there is anything wrong with the S3, but because you will soon discover it falls short of your specific needs.

On the other hand, if you pay the price for a Note 2, and then realize you are not using half of its features, or it's too big for you to carry around each day, you'll be highly disappointed. Again, not because there is anything wrong with the Note 2, but it just doesn't meet your specific needs.
    BOSSY TEXAS CHICK likes this.
    10-12-2012 06:31 PM
    How much will you be using the S-pen?

This is really the question it boils down to. Also, I guess a secondary question is: How important is the extra large screen size to you? But, honestly, the main defining feature of the Note is the s-pen and what it enables. Are you someone who will take advantage of that? Are you looking forward to handwriting recognition? Are you looking forward to artistic flourishes for your photos? Are you looking forward to wacom-tablet like usability? If not, then maybe the S3 is the perfect device for you. I have to admit, I was tempted with the Best Buy deal. For a budget minded person such as myself, a $99 S3 vs a $299 Note2 (assuming) is definitely something to consider. An extra $200 can go to lots of useful places, especially considering how good the S3 is. On the other hand, the Note 2 has the larger screen and that interesting feature known as the S-pen. Are you willing to pay an extra $200 for those? If yes, then there's your answer.
    10-16-2012 08:14 AM
    How much will you be using the S-pen?

This is really the question it boils down to. Also, I guess a secondary question is: How important is the extra large screen size to you? But, honestly, the main defining feature of the Note is the s-pen and what it enables. Are you someone who will take advantage of that? Are you looking forward to handwriting recognition? Are you looking forward to artistic flourishes for your photos? Are you looking forward to wacom-tablet like usability? If not, then maybe the S3 is the perfect device for you. I have to admit, I was tempted with the Best Buy deal. For a budget minded person such as myself, a $99 S3 vs a $299 Note2 (assuming) is definitely something to consider. An extra $200 can go to lots of useful places, especially considering how good the S3 is. On the other hand, the Note 2 has the larger screen and that interesting feature known as the S-pen. Are you willing to pay an extra $200 for those? If yes, then there's your answer.
    Your post is the reason why I'm ultimately not going to get the Note 2. You are absolutely right, if you aren't going to use the S pen then it may be a waste to get the Note over my Galaxy S3. I don't see myself using that stylus at all. The screen size of the S3 is good enough for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    10-23-2012 12:26 AM
    well, i had gotten the SGS 3 AND the Orig GalNote for 2 weeks back in June to compare side by side. I found the Note's size perfect, but very antiquated running gingerbread while comparing it to the sleek feel and all the great features of the SGS 3, but found SGS 3 to be a liitle cramped compared to using Note 1....

When i heard Note 2 was due to come out in 3 short months, i sent them BOTH back and waited for Gal Note 2. Trust me, not only was it WORTH the wait, but i NEVER use the stylus and STILL think it is superior in almost every way to SGS 3, which i love, and while i do agree it comes down to "personal pref", i do believe.Note 2 wins hands down: form factor, speed, operating system, battery life, S Pen.......

Do yourself a favor and make sure you visit one "in person" before committing to either one : ) Shouldn't be too much more of a wait beofre you can, even if its just to go into a T-Mo store just so you can, "make the comparison"
    10-23-2012 07:36 PM