So instead of waiting for ATT to release their version, I think I'll just get an unlocked Note 2 (I can't upgrade since I just bought the GS3). But I have a few questions you guys might be able to answer.

1) Can I still use ATT's LTE with the unlocked phone? If not, any guess what's the fastest speed I can get? 4G? 3G? Edge?
    2) Can I still get updates that the unlocked one gets? Do I just hit up Kies or do I need to jump through hoops since I'm in the US?
    3) If the phone dies can I use the 1 year warranty through samsung like normal? Or am I screwed because this is an international phone?
    4) Is there any branding? Loaded with any junk like how the carriers do for their own phones? Or is this as "vanilla" as it gets?
    5) More of a general question, how would I back up all my texts and google voice texts from my galaxy S3 over to the Note 2? For the iphones you just back up and restore, is Kies capable of doing the same? Or only among same devices?

Thanks guys!
    10-14-2012 10:36 PM
    Just got my international one in the mail today so i will try and answer all of your questions.
    1. you dont and cant get LTE but you do get 4gish speeds. This does however give you better batterylife.
    2. Yes updates are very easy no jumping through hoops.
    3.Samsung offers a one year warranty on the phone. you simply would just call them and they will tell you how to get it fixed.
    4.no branding at all. no bloat wear other then the samsung apps.
    5.and i do not know the answer to five.
    10-25-2012 01:09 AM
    For SMS I just use SMS backup and restore, it's a simple utility but it works well enough. Not sure about Google Voice.
    10-25-2012 12:02 PM
    Just got my note 2.... gotta say its freakin awesome... its fast as hell... leaves my puny S3 in the dust.... im sure gonna miss LTE but H+ is pretty fast....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    10-25-2012 10:08 PM
    I'm pretty new here but I was just googling yesterday and found out that if you want an international version unlocked with 4G LTE in it you need to buy the I705 version. I don't know if it's compatable with AT&T 4G but at least you can turn it off. The other downside is that it costs about $200 bucks more than the regular version.

Here's the link if you wanna check it out:
    Featured: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 available in the UK from only one online retailer – Unlocked Mobile | Android News, Phones, Tablets, Apps, Reviews - Android Headlines
    10-26-2012 09:30 AM
    Unfortunately even the lte version for international doesn't work with AT&T lte due to different bands or whatever you call it. Bottom line is if lte is important to you get the AT&T version. For everything else get international.
    10-26-2012 03:56 PM