OCR in action on the Note 2 (Video)

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Very nice!

Is it still beta? Can't find it in the Play Store...

Edit: I missed the whole point of it being on-board the device. :banghead:

Last edited:

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Apps generally isn't available in the American versions of android devices. If you have an international version, it should come with Samsung Apps, and you should be able to create an account. But if for some reason, your samsung account password is associated with an american Galaxy phone you've purchased before, you will need to log out and re-create another samsung apps account using your galaxy note 2. The registration requires that you meet the registration requirements of the country where the phone originated. I don't think the UK or China has any crazy restrictions so it should be ok, but if you happen to have bought a korean galaxy note 2, you have to register for a Korean account, and since you don't have a Korean ID number, you will not be able to register. thus, you cannot use samsung apps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Check out my huge collection of 64GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Videos (Demos, Accessory Reviews)

Last edited:

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Well that appears to be another plus for going with the international version over a carrier customized us version.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
What I did was go onto my pc, look up photo reader on google to access the app page on play store and hit install and have it sent to my phone, and my phone automatically started downloading. Didn't sign in with an account at all

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
On the Google play store?? Thought it was in the Samsung store. Can you give us a link here? Or PM it if you can't post links?

Anbu90

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
On the Google play store?? Thought it was in the Samsung store. Can you give us a link here? Or PM it if you can't post links?
I have searched the Play store but I couldn't find the app. I can only find it in the Samsung Apps store. I am afraid it doesn't seem to be available anywhere else.

Anbu90

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I have searched the Play store but I couldn't find the app. I can only find it in the Samsung Apps store. I am afraid it doesn't seem to be available anywhere else.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't find it in the Samsung App Store, searched under foto reader and photo reader. That guys link on YouTube doesn't work for me either. I guess you must create an account with the right device to even see the app.

Anbu90

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't find it in the Samsung App Store, searched under foto reader and photo reader. That guys link on YouTube doesn't work for me either. I guess you must create an account with the right device to even see the app.
Perhaps, however it didn't appear for me initially but yesterday it was there. I don't know what's going on but Samsung needs to either gets its stuff together or stop bundling their own app store.
The web version says that the app isn't available in my country and I have on my phone. Its plain old craziness!!!

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes that link took me to the app, thanks.

Odd thing, under devices there appears to be nothing listed.

Ill look in kies, I didnt think of that before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc