And what about the 32GB and 64GB Note 2

wburleson

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I was going to get a 32GB SIII, but Radio Shack is still not offering yet (I wanted to save $50.00 on the price). So now that Note 2 is coming I want that in the 32GB, but no one really saying when it will arrive.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I would LOVE to get a 64GB note 2...but I doubt anyone in america will get one. Lucky if any of us on any provider will get a 32... Most likely a 16G, which is stupid. Why do I want less memory? We shall see....

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The micro simple slot is nearly useless to have on these devices unless you are interested in storing a lot of music and pictures. Most apps will not function when placed on the sd card.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Obviously the external memory is nice. Some people do have TONS of music and movies/tv shows. Instead of streaming them. Very usefull to have 64gb of em!

losmorob

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
The micro simple slot is nearly useless to have on these devices unless you are interested in storing a lot of music and pictures. Most apps will not function when placed on the sd card.

Yup, that's the plan. It's going to be my primary camera as well as music storage. I don't know the size of Apps on Android. I have a boatload on my 3GS (including games I never play anymore) and they use up a little over 5GB.

Nyce_1

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm also coming from a 32gb 3GS and was able to store tons of apps, music, and some movies without worry. I'm hoping android app size aren too large in comparison to iOS apps, if even.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Seriously? I move all sorts of apps to my SD card on my HTC 3VO. Is this a Samsung thing? Not cool.

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? I move all sorts of apps to my SD card on my HTC 3VO. Is this a Samsung thing? Not cool.

I was wondering the same thing because I have tons of apps on my sd storage for my NS4G and don't have any issues. Although, there are some apps that won't make the move.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You all are forgeting the difference with Honeycomb and above with how storage is handled. You won't have the seperate system storage, and internal USB storage, and Micro SD card. All internal storage is usable as the same space. That ws a change first on the Honeycomb tablets, and it followed to any new device that launches with ICS. So effectively you will have 13GB for internal storage for apps, and then hopefully the move to SD will move some of the functional apps to the SD Card of whatever size you get.

As far as issues moving apps to SD, it really depends on the kind of app. As a general rule never move widges to the SD card if you can help it. Apps that have to load like games, or EBooks will work fine from the SD given you have a decent one. Keep in mind mind if you you have a cheap class 2 SD that can also make a differnce on usability.

Last edited:

geekjohn

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever get your note 2. I got one and read somewhere in the packaging that it was able to be upgraded to 48 gb considering it already has 16 gb onboard. Please let me know if you get a 64 gb card working in it as I would like to get one but can't afford to take the chance on it not working and buy a 32 gb later.

Many thanks,

John

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I too would really love to see the 32gb version since i tend to use lots of apps but im also gonna get SD card cuz i tend to carry tons of music, pictures, and video as well

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The memory is a rather small portion of the cost on a $650 phone, I wish 32GB was the minimum. On the other hand the nexus devices seem to be getting smaller. At least I am happy with 16GB and a 64GB sd card.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
in responce to you can not run apps from the external sd card slot
have you ever heard of an app called app2sd that lets you run apps from the sd card?
you can also partition your sd card and have your dalvik cashe setting in your kernel point to that ext-4 partition instead.
works on every single solitary android device i have ever worked with, including makes by samsung, htc, zte, hwaie or however you spell that.
just wate on a rom maker to include it in a rom or mod the kernel yourself to make the change. but dont say that it cant be done.

doublebullout

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Is it fair to say that it can't be done out of the box? Because that's truly the point. If you have to root and mod the kernel to do it, that's still a significant caveat.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
in responce to you can not run apps from the external sd card slot
have you ever heard of an app called app2sd that lets you run apps from the sd card?
you can also partition your sd card and have your dalvik cashe setting in your kernel point to that ext-4 partition instead.
works on every single solitary android device i have ever worked with, including makes by samsung, htc, zte, hwaie or however you spell that.
just wate on a rom maker to include it in a rom or mod the kernel yourself to make the change. but dont say that it cant be done.

It can't be done unless you root the device. Everyone isn't interested in rooting their device.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I could never under the big need to run apps from the sd card. I know games are getting bigger and what not, but at the end of the day, if you have over 100 apps installed, how many do you REALLY use on a regular basis? I've had up to 150 apps installed on my 16GB GS3 without issue. Can someone try to explain to me why this is such a big deal? I'm honestly curious so keep the flamethrowers turned off lol.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc