Not wanting to put my brand new Note 2 (whenever I get it) into my pocket, I prepared myself for the big moment by buying a leather case for it since that's my preferred way of carrying my phones around. I was going with the PDair one, but being that those boys ship out of Hong Kong and you therefore have to wait up to 3 weeks to receive the product, combined with the not so cheap price of 40 bones, I figured I'd look around the net a bit and find something cheap, just as a temporary solution until accessories from many manufacturers roll out in force.

Behold, the Luxmo case from Amazon.

Amazon.com: Luxmo Horizontal Pebbled Leather Pouch Holster Case with Belt Clip and Loops for Samsung Galaxy Note i717 / i9220 / Note 2-Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Less than 3 bucks for that thing! After shipping my total came to 6 dollars.... yeah...why not!!

I attached a few pics to show what this thing looks like compared to a Seidio case that was designed for an Evo 4G with Seidios Active Case attached to the Evo 4G, meaning, this is a pretty big case it still handles my GS3 without any problems.

The quality of the material is better than I expected, although the clip looks a bit suspect, mainly the upturned section which is mostly just leather with not much metal behind it. It's nice that they included two belt loops for added security, I might use that option if the pouch doesn't feel like it's secure enough on my belt. The magnets are not as strong as the one in the Seidio case, but knowing about the Wacom components in the Note 2 screen, that's probably a good thing. Overall, for 3 bucks, I am happy.

Now all I need is a Note 2 to stick into this thing. Do I look slightly ridiculous with that thing on my belt....probably, but that's ok, I have hot female friends... ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Got my horizontal leather case today (pics)-luxmo1.jpg   Got my horizontal leather case today (pics)-luxmo2.jpg   Got my horizontal leather case today (pics)-luxmo3.jpg  
    10-22-2012 01:05 PM
    I have the unlocked Note 2 and have the same case. Phone fits in pouch nicely with a TPU case on the phone also purchased from Amazon $3.
    Attached Thumbnails Got my horizontal leather case today (pics)-image.jpg  
    10-22-2012 07:22 PM
    Awesome...how loosely does it fit without that TPU case? Also, does it clear the headphone jack when the phone is in the pouch? I always listen to music while cutting grass, so that's pretty important to me.

10-23-2012 01:00 AM
    It has a little play without the case on it. The headphone jack is not covered if left at the
    top of the case.
    MannyZ28 likes this.
    10-23-2012 05:48 AM
    That is the exact case I will be getting but want to know if the magnets will affect the screen like in the xda-dev thread. Thanks.
    10-23-2012 11:37 AM
    The magnets are not that strong and and I keep the phone facing in. So I haven't had any issues with the screen and S pen so far.
    Frenzytom likes this.
    10-23-2012 12:38 PM