Battery life after a full day GN2

charlo75

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the Sprint version with 4G LTE coverage in Fort Worth Texas and for 2 days in a row I've gone 15-16 hours w/o charging and had at least 30% battery remaining. I love the battery! My old phone was the GSII (Epic 4G Touch with ICS) and that one was horrible since the ICS upgrade. I'm very happy with the Note 2.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the Sprint version with 4G LTE coverage in Fort Worth Texas and for 2 days in a row I've gone 15-16 hours w/o charging and had at least 30% battery remaining. I love the battery! My old phone was the GSII (Epic 4G Touch with ICS) and that one was horrible since the ICS upgrade. I'm very happy with the Note 2.

Fort Worth Texas, My home town !!! Good to know that my note will be good to go there.

tyson.clarke

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
These shots are less useful than a screen shot of the screen time. Tap the screen percentage and get the amount of hours the screen is on.

I get about 4 hours at 30% screen brightness on my S3 if I use it all at once, about 25-30% less if used throughout the day.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Read anandtech's review. He was predicting that the Note 2 would have better battery life on LTE than on T-mobile's 42mpbs gsm network. Apparently the new LTE modem on this device is extremely efficient. This would be very exciting if it holds true.

AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Review (T-Mobile) - The Phablet Returns

"On T-Mobile DC-HSPA+ the Note 2 also does pretty well, it?s in the upper third of our results, still above the SGS3, and among other phones I subjectively consider to have great battery life on cellular like the One X (8960). I suspect if I had been able able to get the Note 2 on AT&T LTE (more on that later) we?d see even better run time thanks again to the race to idle advantage that you get with the faster air interface." - anandtech

This is one of the first of the new generation of LTE radios integrated into the SoC. Should be much more efficient than previous model. Especially the 1st gen (like the HTC Thunderbolt) because those weren't actually part of the SoC itself and so used 2-3 times the juice of the new models.

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my Friday full day with my Note and ink probably hit around 16+ hours on it. But I'm happy with the battery life considering I haven't put the damn thing down and I'm in an area with LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I am very impressed with the power savings on this phone, combined with a large battery the thing goes well over a day of use for me. Even heavy use is OK.

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1351951784831.jpg

My battery usually lasts 10hours and as you can see my screen is almost always on. When I'm not connected to WiFi I'm connected to 3G. I'm always using the Internet on this thing because reading is such a great experience.

The only time my battery suffers significant drain is when I use it to stream music from 8Tracks and blast music via Bluetooth speakers. While reading on Pulse/Flipboard/Stumbleupon. My battery life is shortened to 6-8 hours on a single charge but I don't mind I know those things are really power consuming. All in all the battery on this thing is impressive!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the first of the new generation of LTE radios integrated into the SoC. Should be much more efficient than previous model. Especially the 1st gen (like the HTC Thunderbolt) because those weren't actually part of the SoC itself and so used 2-3 times the juice of the new models.

I asked if LTE was SoC on the note 2 and its is not...the gs3's LTE is SoC bc of the snapdragon s4 but exynos does not have lte on the chip it is a seperate chip

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

sbuxreg

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
i have the sprint galaxy note 2. just got it 2 days ago. the lowest it's ever gotten before it got put on the charger is 48% i leave wifi on 100% of the time and im only lacking wifi coverage when im on the road most of the time (work,home,parents house all wifi enabled) i have no 4g LTE here so i have the LTE radio shut off. i am obsessing over my battery results would you say these are in the realm of normal?

Screenshot_2012-11-09-15-58-45.pngScreenshot_2012-11-09-15-34-25.png

Last edited:

sbuxreg

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
just seemed to me my screen drain was very high for the amount of time i actually used it. what you are seeing there is about 30 minutes of screen on time.

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
13% battery drain after 6+ hrs with the wifi on is a good number though 50% for the screen is surprising if you say it's been awake ~30 mins. Maybe your screen brightness is really high? Try setting it to auto maybe.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I still say wait for Verizon lte with heavy use to compare it's great battery life. 3g uses probably half the power that 4g lte uses. Or at least it seems that way

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I asked if LTE was SoC on the note 2 and its is not...the gs3's LTE is SoC bc of the snapdragon s4 but exynos does not have lte on the chip it is a seperate chip

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Yup. I was mistaken. Battery life on the Note 2 has still been quite impressive, though.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Battery in a not great signal area isn't even a problem.

pY550lr.png

TheEnema

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
35% down from last night and half of today...
If I remember, ill screenshot it when I get to 5-10% battery. I usually get about 30 hours or more though..

FVLt0BB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton