I am coming from the Photon, which had a USB vehicle mount that automatically plugged your phone in and had the MP3 cable connected as soon as you dock your phone. I could kind of... not really, but kind of... see why those were $30+. But, why is the Note2 vehicle mount $40+? It appears to be a basic universal mount. Am I missing something?

Samsung Galaxy Universal Vehicle Navigation Mount - Android Car Mounts - ShopAndroid

I really like having the fixed USB port when docking, but I'm guessing those are hard to come by?
    10-26-2012 02:36 PM
    My vehicle dock for the Bionic was $40 too...seems to be the going rate!
    10-26-2012 03:34 PM
    My vehicle dock for the Bionic was $40 too...seems to be the going rate!
    And it does nothing special other than holding your phone? I would think I could find one on eBay to perform the same function. My only fear might be if it didn't hold securely enough.
    10-26-2012 03:36 PM
    And it does nothing special other than holding your phone? I would think I could find one on eBay to perform the same function. My only fear might be if it didn't hold securely enough.
    There is something special on the Bionic Car Dock vs the Regular Dock - When I put the Bionic in the car dock, it recognizes it's a car dock and brings up a menu system designed for that purpose (Navigation, Phone, Music, etc.). When I put in my Regular Dock at night, the clock comes up.

To follow up - the Moto dock had the USB built into the dock and the wire attached to the dock and the to the car plug. This one seems to just hold the phone...can it even swivel sideways? The Moto dock held the phone horizonal for GPS navigation.
    10-26-2012 04:00 PM
    I just got a universal mount from eBay for my bike that is JUNK!
    Sometimes it's good to buy name brand.
    10-26-2012 08:40 PM