S pen issues?

Juanquapha

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same issue .....went over to xdadevelopers and found out to fix take the spen out and slam it on its side a couple of times really hard....sounds stupid but now mine works flawlessly...completely different device!

I was thinking "TROLL" when i read that the first time and then decided "meh ok I'll try it..." TOTALLY WORKED I was stunned... thank you for this bit of information, my pen no longer acts crazy with phantom strokes and calling people i havnt talked to in a decade.

THANK YOU

(account created for this post)

~Jon :D

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
are you guys serious, smashing the heck out of your S pen fixed your issues?

I have a hard time even thinking the S pen is anything other than a piece of plastic. Sure doesn't feel like anything other than cheap plastic.

ColinSoW

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
so yeah.. i didn't jam the spen like they said but instead i tapped the S pen with the table like a magic wand for like 3 times and it's working now.. lol

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
My friend had sensitivity issues with his s pen and he disabled it on his own. He found a gauge that allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the pen and cleared his problem immediately.

Luckly, i haven't had any issue.
Would've been great had you posted the settings/gauge for this fix considering other people actually do have this issue and you may have been able to help them.

Glad it worked for you...would like to know the reason this works though

are you guys serious, smashing the heck out of your S pen fixed your issues?

I have a hard time even thinking the S pen is anything other than a piece of plastic. Sure doesn't feel like anything other than cheap plastic.

so yeah.. i didn't jam the spen like they said but instead i tapped the S pen with the table like a magic wand for like 3 times and it's working now.. lol

Tapping the pen on a table loosens the clicker (the button on the flat side of your pen). It may have gotten stuck the last time it was purposely or accidentally pressed. No one should have to bang the pen hard. A couple of taps should do it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

dchtlh3

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
My clicker wasnt the problem it was the tip...it had no spring action. ...it was stuck in. You dont have to jump off the table and do a pile driver on top of it to fix it though ....either way I was skeptical and my device wasnt working correctly so I said why not.....glad I did because obviously ir didnt hurt the pen and now I can see how this thing was supposed to work

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
My clicker wasnt the problem it was the tip...it had no spring action. ...it was stuck in. You dont have to jump off the table and do a pile driver on top of it to fix it though ....either way I was skeptical and my device wasnt working correctly so I said why not.....glad I did because obviously ir didnt hurt the pen and now I can see how this thing was supposed to work

Clicker....tip....Good thing is, it's working now. LOL @ doing a pile driver.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

ccrusher

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thought you were crazy also. Took pen out and smacked it against desk a couple of times (well, not really that hard). Now it is usable. Previous to this, it was useless! Amazing!

Cesar Soberano

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same issue .....went over to xdadevelopers and found out to fix take the spen out and slam it on its side a couple of times really hard....sounds stupid but now mine works flawlessly...completely different device!

i did this and it works now! i was going to the shop anyway, i had nothing to loose and i tried this, and now it works perfectly give it a try, dont do it to hard lol
note: english is not my native language

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Loving the gn2, but it seems when I write something and remove the pen from the screen it adds a mark, or at times I don't press on the screen and I think I am about a inch from the screen it still create marks or lines? Is this normal or is there a setting I need to change?

beast Galaxy Note 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353134367007.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353134367007.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 132

Evgeniy Gerasim

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: S pen issues? OMG IT WORKED!

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!
When i read about hitting an S pen to make it work I was like IMPOSSIBLE! But then gave it 3 whacks on a flat surface and it BLOODY WORKED!

People, if ur S Pen acts up, whack it on a table while holding it in the middle! It becomes alive! I YOU NOT!!!

android novice

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
holy mother of god !!!!! .... this ABSOLUTELY WORKS.... I carefully held my s-pen in the middle, tapped the nib edge three times firmly on the glass surface of my coffee table - not banged it mind you - and it TOTALLY WORKED!!!! ..... this is voodoo ....

I am a happy camper now..;-).... thanks to the accidental genius who discovered this - not unlike the discovery of farming ....

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I currently have this issue with the S-pen. My fiance's s-pen on her note 2 works flawlessly on hers, including on mine when I tried her s-pen on my note 2. I tried my s-pen on her note 2 and it did the same funky things it would do on my note 2. I tried the whole hitting the s-pen thing, didn't seem to work. My 30 days at best buy went up on the 18th. To anyone with experience with Best Buy and their insurance, how would I go about to getting my s-pen replaced? Thanks.

Mayah

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I was skeptical, but the wacking thing totally improved my pen. I was headed to the corporate store this morning to complain and a Lil bwacjing totalky fixed it. Sometimes "just wack it" is good advice. It worked on old innertube TVs. Why not an s pen! Changed my life, thanks!

Christopher Adeney

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for posting this, and for the responses. Im having the same issue. Love my new phone and was rather bummed out with the bug. Nice to know it's easily fixed/replaced. It surprises me that it's a hardware issue. It seemed like an obvious driver problem. Odd. Headin back to Worstbuy now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza