Wifi keeps turning itself on!?!

b4mmb4mm

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Imagine driving down the road, using your navigation on the Note 2. Now every time you pass an open wifi a screen pops up and says you are connected. That is why I looked for this thread...

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Imagine driving down the road, using your navigation on the Note 2. Now every time you pass an open wifi a screen pops up and says you are connected. That is why I looked for this thread...

Hmmm, my Note 2 doesn't do that. I have it set to connect to various Wi-Fi but when I go out of range of Wi-Fi it doesn't popup a message. If I'm within range of Wi-Fi I have it set to connect to, it does so silently. When I'm out of range I don't know because nothing pops up. I have Settings-WiFi-Notify Me unchecked.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have an ATT Galaxy Note II

I was able to stop my wifi from automatically starting after I turned it off.

When at my HOME screen, I scrolled over to more apps, which was two screens over from the main one. There are four pre-installed apps, AT&T, Play Store, Gallery, and Settings.

I selected AT&T, then AT&T Smart WiFi. Next to the picture of the owl, there is a Wi-Fi button that is ON. I turned it OFF and it solved my problem.

bigz211

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
my sony xperia j keeps doing it turns its self on when there is no wifi about and blocks my net signal all together how can i fix this please

Elizabeth Reeve

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Go into mobile network settings disable "Connection Optimizer" & problem will be solved
Hi there
I also have the problem of the wifi turning itself on all the time. Have done as you say and gone to mobile networks on my S3 but don't have the connection optimizer option the only options I have are
Mobile data, data roaming, access point names, network mode or network operators - any suggestions

HitNByte

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Bingo, Mike in Pennsylvania! That's been driving me crazy. Thanks to you for telling me about this app I've been overlooking for months now.

HitNByte

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Bingo, Mike in Pennsylvania! That's been driving me crazy. Thanks to you for telling me about this app I've been overlooking for months now.

Adri Davis

May 31, 2013
Visit site
go to Settings BUT before going into WIFI, turn it on, then click WIFI - Menu (botton on the left) - Advanced - The "Network notificacion" box will be selected, click on it to disable it.

My problem was the same, my phone kept doing the same, and everytime and went into settings - wifi - advanced, the wifi was off and the box was unchecked. BUT once I did the proces with the WIFI on..... magic.... the box was actually checked!!!! I disablet it and hasn't happen ever since.

paladyn

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
"my sony xperia j keeps doing it turns its self on when there is no wifi about and blocks my net signal all together how can i fix this please"

Hmm... since this thread is in the "Samsung Android Phones" forum, I'm guessing that a good start might be to go to the correct forum for your phone. Just sayin'...

estpaul

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My HTC one sv through boost mobile started doing this this week when it updated to jelly bean 4.1. I think a lot of people are having trouble finding the connection optimizer because its not under WiFi for most people. Went into Settings>Mobile Data, which then brings you to a Mobile network settings>Automatic Connections>Connection Optimizer. Uncheck and problem solved. Hope this helps someone.

alby999

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
SONY XPERIA Z ONLY ANSWER.......I had the same problem and it was f##kin me off and that Connection Optimizer isn'. On there. I have just gone in to the settings and the battery saver or power management thing and the third one Down is the one ur looking for location-based WiFi, turn it off that should sort it

Darxus

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
On Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint): Drag down the window shade, tap and hold wi-fi, tap "smart mode", toggle it off.

I had this same problem, and this post is where I found the answer, searching for "android wi-fi keeps coming on", thanks.

racycarr

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
To find the "Connections Optimizer" on the Note 3 you go to Settings-under connections-go down to more network-Mobile network. From there you should see the setting you are looking for. Hope this helps.

schaidshaw02

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
On my Verizon Galaxy 3 my Wi-Fi just started to connect itself the last couple days. I looked and my auto connect is still unchecked, yet it still connects immediately after turning it off.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy