Wifi keeps turning itself on!?!

mr.holtz

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
First things first... this phone is incredible, glad I spent the money. BUT my wifi keeps turning itself on after I manually turn it off in the notification shade. I've messed with different settings "wifi" but can't figure it out. Anybody got an idea as to keep it off until I want it back on?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
First things first... this phone is incredible, glad I spent the money. BUT my wifi keeps turning itself on after I manually turn it off in the notification shade. I've messed with different settings "wifi" but can't figure it out. Anybody got an idea as to keep it off until I want it back on?

Go into mobile network settings disable "Connection Optimizer" & problem will be solved

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I think that is something called smart wifi? It turns itself on when it senses wifi. I do not have my GN2 yet so it do not know how to turn it off. I am sure it can be disabled.

Marcellus King

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
My galaxy note II (on AT&T) does not have this menu option. I think the person asking for the how to even though it was answered has the same situation. Different features on the AT&T phones

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

On the Verizon version its the following Settings>Wi-Fi> (menu button) advanced>uncheck Auto-connect

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Ridiculous. Would it have killed them to keep a small setting like that consistent? The carries have to be so different that they have to have three different versions to change your WiFi so that it's not constantly turning itself back on. May be just me, but seems petty.

Putibundo

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
For Galaxy Note II users you need to disable the AT&T smart wifi in order to correct this issue, send an email to developers to see if they can update the application.

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Why not auto connect? Wouldn't it run faster through wifi? I know perfect 4g is pretty damn fast but my 4g inside isnt the best so I thought the wifi was better. I guess I should do a speed test!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Monkeypurr

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
the smart wifi !! its to smart for us. it is what keeps turn your wifi off... i went into smart wifi and entered my password to my secure home wifi and then no more problem. i don't fully understand it yet, but if you want to you can turn it off to. then things are back to manuel like your use to. i figure i'll get it eventually.

akrasna

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the 7100 so I have no network specific changes. But I have neither smart wifi nor connection optimizer and my wifi keeps turning on

William Wilson3

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I was just fooling with my V.M. Galaxy2. Going into settings, select wifi, push menu icon on bottom left, select advanced, choose keep wifi on during sleep, select never. Now I don.t know if this is going to help our problem but it seems like it might. It was on always which means to me that whenever it went to sleep the wifi would turn on.

RICHARD THUEMMLER

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem with the WiFi automatically turning on and connecting to open networks (not good since some open networks are not secure and my data is passing through it). I have the GS3 on Verizon. I went into Settings - WiFi - Advanced and the box for Auto-Connect is NOT checked but it is acting like it is checked. I just started having this problem about one week ago. I called Verizon - they could not figure it out. They conferenced in a Samsung rep - he could not figure it out. Their only solution was a factory reset but they said I cannot back up my apps, so I would have to write them all down (about 300 or so) and then re-install them after the reset. Any other solutions or suggestions would be very appreciated since that seems like it would take forever to complete.

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
My other phone have similar problem before this one. It apparently it the faulty code inside Android causing this kind of problem. My android HTC phone have the same problem. So it is not only Samsung phone have this problem. I have good solution that solve this issue.

Simply use Smart Wifi Toggler. It will shut down wifi automatically when your remembered network is not in range. It hardly use any battery since it only check wifi during screen on. It have wide range of setting you can change to your own preferences.

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL