Whos going with Flip/Wallet style case?

kenydroid

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The first leather flip case I got had a two magnets in it to hold the thing closed and they played havoc with the stylus input on my Note 2 (dead spot around the magnet area).
I then got a Zeus case with card slits and that uses a press stud and is great to look at and gives good protection against dropping the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

miss aloha

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Although I like the concept of the whole wallet type or flip type case, I'm not going to get one because of the way I use my Note. I hold it with my left hand and use my stylus with my right. Having to hold back that flap would be terribly annoying for me. And like someone else already mentioned the taking photos thing seems like it would be strange to do with this type of case, and I don't want to be removing my phone all the time. So even though I have seen some cool styles, that type of case design won't work for me. If anyone has a work around for my issues lmk bc I have seen some adorably girly flip cases on Amazon.

Thx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Although I like the concept of the whole wallet type or flip type case, I'm not going to get one because of the way I use my Note. I hold it with my left hand and use my stylus with my right. Having to hold back that flap would be terribly annoying for me. And like someone else already mentioned the taking photos thing seems like it would be strange to do with this type of case, and I don't want to be removing my phone all the time. So even though I have seen some cool styles, that type of case design won't work for me. If anyone has a work around for my issues lmk bc I have seen some adorably girly flip cases on Amazon.

Thx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I thought the same thing before I had a flip case. After using one, I changed my mind. I have the Zenus Mastige Lettering Case and I like how it feels. You just fold the flap back behind the phone use it normally. You don't have to remove it unless to you want to.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Roozta

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Zenus, Bohemiian brown.

I love the case, period.

But using the phone SO much, there are times that are awkward. I am sometimes concerned about the nice suede like finish getting dirty if I am holding in one hand while doing messy tasks like having ice cream with my daughter. And folding back to sit on a non clean surface makes me want to carry wetwipes protect my case from the Nasties of the world.

I manage OK so far with pictures. But it's different. But I have a separate Iconic tuff case that I use I the gym. Only because leather/suede and sweat don't mix for me! And I handle the phone a lot between sets, or in the sauna.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Metro2033

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have this one too in brown. I love it. I love the CC slots and the money slot. I keep DL and DC in it. I tried adding a 3rd but did not like how "bulky" it felt after adding a 3rd card with cash in the cash slot. Case is awsome sharp looking. Like the hole for the lanyard. I can also stand the phone up using the case in portait mode. Phone is very secure inside the case. I like how the corners are protected. As for bulk with this type of case, I can still fit in back or front pocket. Obviously there is some bulk added but not as much as I thought there would be. Very please with this case and highly recomment it.

Metro2033

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I agree, after getting use to it it was not a problem. Flipping the cover back at first was a little stiff but after about a week it really loosend up and lies back better. I will say I am still getting use to the snap flap and where to put it when cover is flipped back.

kidd0218

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'am skeptical at first with a flip/wallet case because I never used a flip case before on any of my phone. It all changed when I got my Note 2. Having my wallet and my phone together actually works!

Sent by a Kiwi using a Galaxy Note 2! Kia Ora!

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Just be careful using these kinds of cases. Way back when I had a palm pilot with one of these cases. And granted the screens are different, but the credit cards in the case over time distorted and eventually imprinted horizontal lines across the palm screen just from the pressure of the case being closed. I think there's little risk of that happening here, especially if you reduce the amount of pressure on the top of the case (e.g., don't put this in the back pocket of your skinny jeans).

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have this flip case arriving today -- Amazon.com: Fall Fashion Accessory for your New Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II/N7100: Elegant black vegan leather wallet-style case (Includes Identity Stronghold credit card protection sleeve): Cell Phones & Accessories -- so I can't rate it yet, but it's only $11 and has a foldable back to use as a kickstand. Spending $40 for the Zenus seemed to me to be insane. Plus it doesn't have a kickstand.

If you plan to make calls with the case closed, make sure it has a hole for the earpiece. I bought one from amazon for a similar price. The quality is kinda low, imo. I didn't get this exact one, so can't comment specifically.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Just put a Spigen Ultra Flip Case on the wife's Note 2, and we're both *really* impressed. Good quality and protection, the colors are really nice and sleek (needed something a little professional looking) and we're super happy. I plan to pick up a Spigen for myself when my contract is up later this year, too. Maybe a little more expensive than some of the other cases out there but IMO well worth it.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The flip "wallet-style" case I got from Amazon yesterday looks really cheesy, although it's functional and has a back that folds so you use it as a kickstand. I'm not sure I'd recommend it even at $11 unless you really want a kickstand feature in a flip case and don't mind cheap leatherette/cardboard.

Anyway, there's a story on Matt Lauer of the Today Show in the current issue of New York magazine, and he's holding what appears to be a white Note 2 in a flip case in a photo accompanying the article. The picture's clearer in the actual magazine, but can anyone identify the case?

todayshow130401_560.jpg

MrsChief

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought the standard flip case and have to say that there are a few things I would change. It would be really handy if it had a strap of some kind 1. to keep it actually closed (mine has started to slip a little) 2. to prop it up like a stand. I would also widen the hole near the front speaker so I could see if the indicator LED was flashing and maybe a opening so I wouldn't have to hold the thing open in order to take a picture from the rear camera. One last thing. This particular case seems great for protecting the screen (I tend to just put it in my purse with pens etc), but on the few awful times that I have dropped it (it's really pretty slick) the whole thing pops off, since it replaced the back cover. I probably need something more substantial and grippy, but then it might be too big.
I keep looking for "the perfect case" because I LOVE my N2 and take it with me absolutely everywhere.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought the standard flip case and have to say that there are a few things I would change. It would be really handy if it had a strap of some kind 1. to keep it actually closed (mine has started to slip a little) 2. to prop it up like a stand. I would also widen the hole near the front speaker so I could see if the indicator LED was flashing and maybe a opening so I wouldn't have to hold the thing open in order to take a picture from the rear camera. One last thing. This particular case seems great for protecting the screen (I tend to just put it in my purse with pens etc), but on the few awful times that I have dropped it (it's really pretty slick) the whole thing pops off, since it replaced the back cover. I probably need something more substantial and grippy, but then it might be too big.
I keep looking for "the perfect case" because I LOVE my N2 and take it with me absolutely everywhere.

I use the Samsung Protective+ Bumper with a screen protector. Not a fan of screen protectors but its much more convienent to pull my phone out and not flip a cover each time. That cover would have been annoying while I was on vacation as I pulled my phone out a lot.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

JooleyBooley

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
It is very nice. However, how to you talk on your phone? It seems the pockets and belts would get in the way of your ear and phone. If you fold it in half to talk on the phone, your credit cards and money are now displayed to those around you. Is there something I'm missing? Thank you.