Swype issues/questions

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I prefer the Swype keyboard, but I have 2 issues/questions;

1) I don't see a voice input button on the Swype keyboard for voice input. Am I missing a setting?

2) I like the option of 1 handed operation on the default Samsung keyboard, but when I choose the Swype keyboard it goes to full screen, not 1 handed - is there a way to "fix" this?

Anbu90

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the Swype keyboard, but I have 2 issues/questions;

1) I don't see a voice input button on the Swype keyboard for voice input. Am I missing a setting?

2) I like the option of 1 handed operation on the default Samsung keyboard, but when I choose the Swype keyboard it goes to full screen, not 1 handed - is there a way to "fix" this?

First of which version of Swype are you using? In the last iterations the little fire looking button next to the enter key puts you in the Dragon Go mode or something like that, which acts as the voice input. It's not using Google's default one like swift key.
For the second issue there is nothing that I am aware off that can fix that.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been able to find the voice input either. Using the default Swype app that came with the N2. In it's settings, How to Swype, there's a note about how to Speak, but I can't find the Mic icon to use it. Worked well on my og EVO.

Edit: I went to Swype's Forums and it seems the Voice to Text input was missing in the S3's. I sent a request to Swype for help. fyi, my Swype version is 1.2.0.8265D and Dragon is ver 2.0

Last edited:

Anbu90

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine came without a dedicated Swype so the icon I am talking about is about it is on the 1.3
I would suggest you download the official release instead of the one you currently have

Edit:
This is how mine looks
jYNnm.png

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I have had no issues. Using the beta has been fine for me. They moved some of the alt buttons around, but it has taken very little time to get used to pressing the new keys.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
So voice to text is driven by Nuance/Dragon?
Sure?

Do they offer split keyboards for the Note2
I don't see the option. I guess I could see how it would be good in landscape (maybe), but definitely don't see how there would be enough room in portrait.

I have attached all screens from the beta version.

Attachments

• Swype01.jpg
    Swype01.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Swype02.jpg
    Swype02.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Swype03.jpg
    Swype03.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Swype04.jpg
    Swype04.jpg