How is it getting used to the size from a GS3

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Really wanting to get the Note 2 but the only thing that concerns me is the Notes size as a daily driver.

What's the feedback/opinions from those that went from a GS3 or any other phone to the Note 2,,,,, hard to get used to the size or does it become a non-issue after ownership.

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Davyo

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Really wanting to get the Note 2 but the only thing that concerns me is the Notes size as a daily driver.

What's the feedback/opinions from those that went from a GS3 or any other phone to the Note 2,,,,, hard to get used to the size or does it become a non-issue after ownership.

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Davyo

Haven't had a problem. The size feels good in the hand, and I actually like how it has a bit more weight that my GS3.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Only you can answer it, go hold one. Good news is it is nearly the same phone in the S3 minus the pen so can really go either way.

Mrosales1122

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol I have both, g3 was a gift and the gn2 was my upgrade phone.. It feels good, however when I go to the s3 its feels so small! I mean I can palm the s3 and fits easy in the pocket and the gn2 feels just right now.

beast Galaxy Note 2

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I have both... and I think that the note 2 fits better on the hands and its great for watching videos...:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Go to a Sprint store and check one out as I haven't seen them in AT&T stores yet. I too was hesitant until I held one myself. I went right home and preordered one lol.

franquellim

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
After about a day or so of regular use, I don't think twice about it anymore. It fits my hand well enough and I use a mix of one-handed and two-handed grips which is no different than how I used my old phone. Can I use it one-handed as easily as my old Evo 4g (old school, not LTE)? No, but the trade off of larger screen size is well worth it to me. I have no problem making calls and if it looks funny to other people, it is only because they don't remember just how big home phones were just 15-20 years ago. Finally, I have no problem carrying the thing around in the front pocket of my jeans. It is longer and wider than the aforementioned HTC phone that it replaced, but it's thinner and no heavier so it is actually less obtrusive.

No problems with the form factor at all, but like others said, try it for yourself and happy hunting!

imiller913

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I was at a sprint store today to see how it would feel in hand. I must say its big but not too big. I'm using an evo 4g now, still trying to decide between S3 or Note 2

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I was at a sprint store today to see how it would feel in hand. I must say its big but not too big. I'm using an evo 4g now, still trying to decide between S3 or Note 2

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Do it. I did. Loving it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

iselez

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My wife has a GS3, i come from a One X and after using the N2 for a few weeks i feel the GS3 screen small!!

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk 2

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I was playing with my wife's GS3 which I previously had much envy (having a epic S1) but now after having a Note 2 for 5 days and the GS3 seems so tiny.

I love my note.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
This phone has almost twice the screen my 3VO had, at least that's how it feels. And I love it. Best phone out right now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

thomasrafael

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Note2 a few days ago, though it may be big.. the one-handed operation setting is helpful for drivers. Just remember to set it before you go out driving.

CMSevilla

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that I did not like about it was the fact that text messages and email text size was too big. I tried everything short of rooting the damn thing to get smaller text, but it was impossible.

I'd buy it right now again (returned it) if someone could tell me how to shrink the text--already tried all the apps int he GooglePlay store that claim to do this. I don't want/care that my menu text is small, I want my text messages and emails be small too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci