05-04-2017 05:21 AM
28 12
tools
    Since this is the note 2 forum, the note 2 is factory sim unlocked. You can take an att or tmo sim and put it into your Verizon note 2 and it will work. All Verizon 4GLTE phones come with a SIM card. Not all Verizon phones have gsm radios, but a lot of recent smartphones in Verizon do, and most are sim unlocked
    Please, forgive my lack of sophistication with these matters, but if your response proves true, it is the answer to my quandary. I too have a Verizon Samsung Note II and my wife has the S4. Both are 4GLTE with SIM cards. Have been inquiring about a change to TMobile and get differing advise. TMobile rep states the phones need to be "unlocked" before we can sign up and when we went to the Verizon store we're told that phones need to be "flashed" and Verizon doesn't do this service despite the fact we are in good standing. He actually stated that "flashing" was illegal. I'm not exactly a "babe in the woods" but I have found what appears to be a reputable business that charges to flash the phone as opposed to doing on my own (which would be a very tentative act). Now per your post, I might not need to do at all? Are these reps just not UTD. Sincerely appreciate your listening and any help.
    That is incorrect. Carriers like at&t lock their devices to keep you on their network. I have an at&t Note II and it was locked. I put a T-Mobile sim card and it did ask for the unlock code. I did get it unlocked and att usually gives you the unlock code if your acct is in good standing and you had the phone with them for more than 6 months.
    I'm sure that the other carriers have some kind of lock/unlock policy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-01-2014 06:37 PM
    Keep on believing that crap you just spewed. 1 AT&T's LTE is on 700 mhz where TMobile had no 700 mhz band to speak of. Majority of TMobiles hspa+ frequencies are on the AWS band where AT&T'S frequencies are on 1900/850 mhz. TMobile got some 1900 freq from AT&T but guess what, it is not nationwide. Why do you think most who took a phone from AT&T and put it on TMobile were only getting edge speeds. Oh by the way, AWS band for TMobile is 1700/2100 mhz . Next time check your facts before you talk, that way you won't stick both feet in your mouth. Oh by the way, Sprint and Verizon primary frequencies are used in CDMA for the 3G, Verizon users 850 Mhz for 3g and 700 mHz for there LTE, Sprint uses 1900 for LTE and 3g. And in some areas use 800 smr band for 1xAdvance CDMA. Even though both have a sim card, 1 they don't have tmobiles frequencies in them for the States and vice versa and 2 If the phones aren't in Sprint's or Verizon's database by way of esn. They don't get activated on the network. I like to see you try. And the sim card in sprints version of the note 2 is inbeded in the phone. Case in point. I have the sprint note 2.

....dude u definitely don't know what you're talking about !!! U can run a verizon note 2 using gsm witch is t-mobile, AT&T, metro pcs ect...one u can change the band's up in the service mode manually !!!! Set your apn settings and lock in2 global mode..so maybe u need 2do ur homework before u stick ur foot in ur month !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-04-2017 02:44 AM
    ....dude u definitely don't know what you're talking about !!! U can run a verizon note 2 using gsm witch is t-mobile, AT&T, metro pcs ect...one u can change the band's up in the service mode manually !!!! Set your apn settings and lock in2 global mode..so maybe u need 2do ur homework before u stick ur foot in ur month !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hate to tell you this but at the time of the post which was over 3 years ago, you couldn't,you bringing up a since long dead post so maybe you should reread. Then MetroPCS wasn't part of t-mobile and still cdma. Do make sure you read the dates before you tell someone they are wrong and you and up sticking your foot in your mouth.
    05-04-2017 05:21 AM
28 12