Grip stickers instead of snap on case?

reloadn

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all! Getting a Note 2 for myself soon, and as it is not exactly small, am not looking to make it any bigger by getting a wallet or even a snap on case.

I'm thinking there must be some product that u can kind of "stick" on it to get more grip, just on the side and back?

Just seems that most snap on cases don't provide much grip, and are just there to prevent scratching.

Cases like the otterbox defender are too big for my liking. I've used the Casemate Tough Case on my 4s and Galaxy 1, but would prefer to keep the Note 2 as thin as possible, with maximum grip.

Any ideas/recommendations?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi all! Getting a Note 2 for myself soon, and as it is not exactly small, am not looking to make it any bigger by getting a wallet or even a snap on case.

I'm thinking there must be some product that u can kind of "stick" on it to get more grip, just on the side and back?

Just seems that most snap on cases don't provide much grip, and are just there to prevent scratching.

Cases like the otterbox defender are too big for my liking. I've used the Casemate Tough Case on my 4s and Galaxy 1, but would prefer to keep the Note 2 as thin as possible, with maximum grip.

Any ideas/recommendations?

I'm using Sprint Bodyglove gel case its great but also needed that thin feel with grip you seek so ordered a Rearth Slim case a couple days ago.
Rearth Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SLIM Case.

I will swap back and forth between those two cases when needed

rand0m9

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Can check out egrips. They don't have a skin just for the note but they have a universal you could cut.

I am in the same boat. I really don't it any larger but still want some grip. Im am looking for a rubberized back replacement but no luck yet.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but stickers seem really tacky on this beautiful and expensive device in my humble opinion.
There has been an uproar because Verizon is placing a small logo on the home button while others are suggesting skateboard tape and grip stickers.
The hard shell cases are actually thinner than the gel cases and many have textured backs for grip.
I personally don't like the look of gel cases but they do provide plenty of grip. A little too much grip for me, as they make it more difficult to get in and out of shirt, pants, or jacket pockets.

But whatever you decide,
NO SKATEBOARD TAPE!!! :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Grip tape lol... Next step is duct taping it to your hand!! Everything sticks to grip tape!! You won't be able to get it out of your pocket at all.
That's the reason why i don't like anything with grip on my phone... I could never get it out of my pocket before it i missed the call! I run naked for quick in and out of pocket and slimness.
Is there a slim clip on case cover??

reloadn

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. Rearth slim case looks good, and I'm really tempted to try out egrip tape, but I think a rubberized back cover would be ideal.

I've always been more function over form - couldn't really care less if it wasn't so pretty - as long as I can hold it securely and it fits in my pocket comfortably. If I get some egrip or skateboard tape on it I'll be sure to put up pictures lol

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. Rearth slim case looks good, and I'm really tempted to try out egrip tape, but I think a rubberized back cover would be ideal.

I've always been more function over form - couldn't really care less if it wasn't so pretty - as long as I can hold it securely and it fits in my pocket comfortably. If I get some egrip or skateboard tape on it I'll be sure to put up pictures lol

I got a idea for you... Take the back cover off, tape off the logo and any areas you wish to keep, then spray car under coating or gutter sealer or truck bed liner , then take tape off... And there you go, excellent grip n custom!!! $6 a can

raffitou

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
On the Verizon website as you go through checkout for the Note II there is an accessory called "Rubberized Rear Shell kickstand included". I can't find any other information about this and the sales rep is useless. Anyone know more about this? The pictures are tiny, but I did order it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01