remove tab at side of all menus

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
At least I wasn't the only one with this problem.

If this thing had a name on it we could search with it would have been so much better. Something like three threads on this "thing" so far.

charlieegan3

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
At least I wasn't the only one with this problem.

If this thing had a name on it we could search with it would have been so much better. Something like three threads on this "thing" so far.

I thought the title was okay. This feature does allow you to have two apps up at once which is a nice option to have. I just don't like the little tab being there the whole time.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Long press on the back button to activate multitasking and the same to remove the tab :)

charlieegan3

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Long press on the back button to activate multitasking and the same to remove the tab :)

Yeah, I worked it out. Thanks. It's actually quite useful to have it accessible, just don't want it there the whole time.

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Oops sorry. I see you answered your own question. Just looked at the last reply!

And I agree it does get kinda annoying to have that tab there all the time ;)

charlieegan3

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Oops sorry. I see you answered your own question. Just looked at the last reply!

And I agree it does get kinda annoying to have that tab there all the time ;)

Yeah, it's fine when you know how to get rid of it though :)

charlieegan3

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
No it doesn't always need to be there. Just hold the back button to get it up, choose the apps, hold the back button to hide it again. It is pretty good.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought the title was okay. This feature does allow you to have two apps up at once which is a nice option to have. I just don't like the little tab being there the whole time.

I meat that when you encounter this thing on the phone there is no name on it to look up to figure out how to turn it off. No title, no settings menu for it nothing. People are getting a little confused with it.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
A problem with the multi-window feature is that the tab sometimes pops up in an application and if you long press the Back key to make the tab disappear that undesirably may also exit you from the application not just get rid of the tab.

I like having the multi-window feature, but for multi-tasking (which multi-window is intended to promote) I get more mileage out of switching between apps using the task screen that appears when you long press Home key button. Did you know that you can go to the app you just left by long pressing the Home key by touching the watermark of that app that dimly appears behind the line of open tasks? This helps especially if you forget the app you were in before long pressing the Home key.

Last edited:

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
A problem with the multi-window feature is that the tab sometimes pops up in an application and if you long press the Back key to make the tab disappear that undesirably may also exit you from the application not just get rid of the tab.

I like having the multi-window feature, but for multi-tasking (which multi-window is intended to promote) I get more mileage out of switching between apps using the task screen that appears when you long press Home key button. Did you know that you can go to the app you just left by long pressing the Home key by touching the watermark of that app that dimly appears behind the line of open tasks? This helps especially if you forget the app you were in before long pressing the Home key.

IDK if its different on the Verizon version since they changed a lot of the little quick setting tabs in the Notification Drawer, but on the far right we have a Multiwindow selector that turns the feature off. The back button still works to show or hide the tab, but you can also use that selector.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
IDK if its different on the Verizon version since they changed a lot of the little quick setting tabs in the Notification Drawer, but on the far right we have a Multiwindow selector that turns the feature off. The back button still works to show or hide the tab, but you can also use that selector.

Thanks for reminding me of that quick way to toggle multi-window versus going to Settings->Display->Multi-window. But I'd still like to be able to keep multi-window enabled and not have the tab pop up at times when I don't want it to.