How do we use the sd card?

CFar

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've searched the net, looked through the owners manual and asked on here in another way.

How do we put anything on the sd card? No rooting, just plain use. Not only how but what can we use it for?

Thank you

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I've searched the net, looked through the owners manual and asked on here in another way.

How do we put anything on the sd card? No rooting, just plain use. Not only how but what can we use it for?

Thank you

Either by putting it into the phone, then hooking the phone up to a computer, or putting the card itself into a card reader.

In both cases, you would just drag and drop files onto the sd card.

And as far as use... Music, movies, documents... Basically anything but the apps themselves.

johnwfrancis

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I was wondering, does the Note II have the internal 16 gigs of memory partitioned in the following manner:
  • application storage (a paltry bit of space)
  • internal storage on /sdcard
  • /extSdCard which is the removable sd card.
I'm wondering because I use and really like Google Music, but it insists on caching music to the limited space /sdcard partition on my Droid Razr. If you tag Google Music playlists for local storage, are they actually stored on the extSdCard? Or is there still that stupid "sdcard" mount.

Thanks!
John Francis

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I was wondering, does the Note II have the internal 16 gigs of memory partitioned in the following manner:
  • application storage (a paltry bit of space)
  • internal storage on /sdcard
  • /extSdCard which is the removable sd card.
I'm wondering because I use and really like Google Music, but it insists on caching music to the limited space /sdcard partition on my Droid Razr. If you tag Google Music playlists for local storage, are they actually stored on the extSdCard? Or is there still that stupid "sdcard" mount.

Thanks!
John Francis

Pretty sure it's still using internal storage. And it doesn't look like there's a separate partition for apps...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352149428465.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352149428465.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 70

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
What SD card class would you guys recommend for the Note 2 ? I am considering 64gb Micro so I can have a total of 80gb Since I have about 5 GB of Music I would like to put on it and about 10 gb of Movies. But at the same time I don't want the performance while loading the stuff to be slow or sluggish. Any recommendations?

CFar

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I just put my music on a SanDisk 32 gig and it still loads fine. My music player is set to the widget as well.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
You can put almost any thing on your ExtSDcard. The problem you run into is if it is a game or an app that is designed to look for it's instructions on the internal storage then it won't be able to run, Because the instructions are not where it expects them to be.

However! Data be it text, pics, audio, video or what ever can be put on your ExtSDcard. There are some apps out there that have been written without the ability to see external storage (I just avoid those).

Quite often you can use a file explorer like ES File Explorer(free), Solid Explorer(not free) or my favorite FX Explorer(free and not free) to find a file you have moved to your ExtSDcard and click on it to run it and a window will open to find out what you want to use to open the file. If you pick always the your system will mark that as your default app for that kind of file (sometimes even if that app doesn't see the external devices). You can always change that default decision by going to settings and unchecking the default box for app you selected. Hope that helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463