Unlocked note 2

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Buying this phone unlocked will I get updates faster??? (Sorry if this has been asked before if so just redirect me to that thread)

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering the same thing. I just purchased the Unlocked Galaxy Note 2, Titanium Grey, planning on using it with Straight Talk on AT&T. Hoping also, that updates will hit this quickly?

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes it will update quicker. You'll just have to wait when Samsung pushes out the updates, which is much faster than having it go through carriers as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering the same thing. I just purchased the Unlocked Galaxy Note 2, Titanium Grey, planning on using it with Straight Talk on AT&T. Hoping also, that updates will hit this quickly?

Yea I want to either get tmobile or at&t but don't want have to wait for them on updates and I was wondering what's kind of speeds would I get

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Quicker than carrier-branded, slower than Nexus. But rest assured that factory-unlocked devices DO get the manufacturer's updates first, just not as soon as you'd get them if they were coming directly from Google as the Nexus devices do.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be important to note that an unlocked AT&T carrier branded phone doesn't just turn it into the international N7100 version. That carrier branded phone would still be tied to the carrier for updates.

What you are looking for is the international version for quicker updates, and it happens to be unlocked.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Yea I want to either get tmobile or at&t but don't want have to wait for them on updates and I was wondering what's kind of speeds would I get

Well depends on where you live. Technically per say where I live tmobile is faster because of hspa+42. Whereas at&t is hspa+21
But in daily use scenarios it shouldn't make much difference. Although I would suggest going with a tmobile plan just because straight talk caps your hspa speeds at 2GB

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Well depends on where you live. Technically per say where I live tmobile is faster because of hspa+42. Whereas at&t is hspa+21
But in daily use scenarios it shouldn't make much difference. Although I would suggest going with a tmobile plan just because straight talk caps your hspa speeds at 2GB

I did my research and in my are at&t is superior and my brother has the gs3 unlocked and get 10mbps down

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21