Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
How about prising the magnet off and replacing it with a bit of bluetack! Not ideal of course :) but what do you do I have this case on it's way to me now if I had known about the problem I wouldn't have ordered it and I live in the UK and it's shipping from the USA so sending it back isn't really worth it so I will be stuck with it and trying to sell it on somewhere!
What I would try first is a thin piece of ferrous sheet metal. It has to be ferrous (iron, something a magnet will stick to) and use vinyl electric tape to put it on the inside of the case so it's between the magnet and the phone. That might serve to shield the screen from the magnet. Hopefully the vinyl tape will not only hold it in place but also prevent the battery cover being scratched.

Won't cost anything to try it. Cut out a piece from an old PC case or power supply, sand/file the corners and edges, hold it there with your finger and see if it works.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
That's certainly a very good idea and will most likely help :)

What I would try first is a thin piece of ferrous sheet metal. It has to be ferrous (iron, something a magnet will stick to) and use vinyl electric tape to put it on the inside of the case so it's between the magnet and the phone. That might serve to shield the screen from the magnet. Hopefully the vinyl tape will not only hold it in place but also prevent the battery cover being scratched.

Won't cost anything to try it. Cut out a piece from an old PC case or power supply, sand/file the corners and edges, hold it there with your finger and see if it works.

McRoth

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I got an active case & holster from the Android Central store & really like it. Fits great and doesn't add as much bulk as I expected. Haven't seen any issues with the S pen, I scribbled lines all around where the magnet is & didn't have any problems.

Mike

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Is this case (Seidio Active & Surface) similar to the Otterbox Defender in terms of protection. I've seen people drop their Otterbox protected phones and nothing happens to it. I just don't want to but this one and then have to buy the Otterbox because the protection is not the same

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is this case (Seidio Active & Surface) similar to the Otterbox Defender in terms of protection. I've seen people drop their Otterbox protected phones and nothing happens to it. I just don't want to but this one and then have to buy the Otterbox because the protection is not the same

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

They are similar. But, I think Seidio adds less bulk to the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

alvarez13

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Well will seidio do any thing about this problem ? I wish that I could fine a leather vertical belt holster for the Sch R950 note 2.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
I really like the clip + the surface. Very nice looking case with the absolute perfect cutouts and material.

However, I just ended up returning my 1st phone thinking there was a screen defect. The new phone worked great in the store, then I got back home and it was messing up again. I was pretty upset. Then I took off the case and it worked fine. The magnet definitely interferes with it.

Seidio, will you do something about this? I need to return for something else if it can't be replaced soon so I'm not stuck with a defective product. Again, great job on the rest of the case. I really love it, just that magnet messing stuff up.

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I think I going to take my active case off of my note 2 if the magnet affects one thing it could affect reception to.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Try to write really neatly above the magnet. It will be off if you're paying attention.

Oh, well, I guess I simply don't have the attention span to handle it. Apparently in your world if people aren't experiencing your problem they must not be paying attention. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

Foolo

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
i like the case, just dun like the magnet, i would give up the kickstand feature, magnet affects spen and my watch

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
i like the case, just dun like the magnet, i would give up the kickstand feature, magnet affects spen and my watch

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

So the magnet does affect more than the pen ? I think I was right when I said it could affect reception !

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't get the magnet to mess up the spen at all. I did a few different tests writing and drawing through the magnet area and everything was consistent.

Can someone post a screen shot of what it looks like when it messes up?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

wizardofoz85

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got surface case today shipped to the UK. I've tried seeing if there are any issues with the s pen where the magnet I'd and haven't noticed a thing.
I've also made a few calls with no problems with reception.