On verge of getting 2 Note 2's, worth $600 more then 2 SIII's?

2lee240

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Guys,

I'm just about to get two Note 2's for the wife and I. I know the S3's will be 99 cents on black friday. This means I'll be paying nearly $600 more for two Note 2's compared to the two SIII's.

Talk to me. If you were in my shoes, are the Note 2's still worth the extra cost?

I really like the pen's, the extra battery life, obviously the larger screens to read websites and the dual screens. Is it worth the extra $300 per phone is what I'm internally debating right now. Thoughts? Any regrets of not getting the S3? is the extra $600 for the two phones worth it to you? thanks.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The two devices really don't compare.

The Note 2 is an all in one smartphone, tablet, eReader, and electronic note pad. The Gs3 is only (albeit a great one) a smartphone.

If all you need is a smartphone go with the Gs3, but if you want to use your device as a smartphone and so much more than the Note 2 is your choice. You really need to determine your use cases, and not merely cost. They are really so different.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

wburleson

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain I can't decide between the two. One has quad-core and the other dual-core - which is better? The big but is I want the device to be 32GB

2lee240

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The two devices really don't compare. The Note 2 is an all in one smartphone, tablet, eReader, and electronic note pad. The Gs3 is only (albeit a great one) a smartphone.

If all you need is a smartphone go with the Gs3, but if you want to use your device as a smartphone and so much more than the Note 2 is your choice. You really need to determine your use cases, and not merely cost. They are really so different.

Good point. I do would like more then just a nice smart phone. Over 2yrs and with the plans, the total cost is $2,400 vs $3,000 so it's not a overwhelming difference like $600 vs $2.

I feel your pain I can't decide between the two. One has quad-core and the other dual-core - which is better? The big but is I want the device to be 32GB

I wouldn't care about the 32gb bro. I'm just going to get a 64gb micro sd card for movies/music. 16gb of apps should be plenty. Screw it, I'm gonna go pick up the Note 2 later today. Unless someone has a overwhelming argument that the SIII is that much better. Doesn't look like that's really the case.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
DAS is definitely correct! Depending on your uses, one of you may require a Note II and for the other an SIII would be fantastic.

My husband and I have awaited the Note IIs since May. They are on the Fedex truck this morn to be delivered. From my thorough research on the Note II, nothing (not even SIII), compares with its technology and capabilities. I didn't hesitate to spend the $ on them because I've done my homework on it and several others (SIII included).

Let us know what you decide! :)

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I could say with certainty, if I got a S3 and saw the Note 2, I'd have serious buyer's remorse. It has so many features above what the S3 provides, I'd be living with envy for 2 years. What about Note 2 for you and S3 for the wife? Then again, you may be at potential risk of ending up with the S3.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Check out my huge collection of 64GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Videos (Demos, Accessory Reviews)

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
It's a tough call. Guess it really depends on how much you need the additional features of the Note II.
In my case, I'm the techie and must have all the latest and greatest features but for my wife, she doesn't need it all.
So if It was our case, I would get the Note II and the wife an S3.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
It's a tough call. Guess it really depends on how much you need the additional features of the Note II.
In my case, I'm the techie and must have all the latest and greatest features but for my wife, she doesn't need it all.
So if It was our case, I would get the Note II and the wife an S3.

Well I am a female and also a techie and I am trading in my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone for the biggest and baddest Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
You could do what I plan on doing. (This is if there is not a deal on the note 2 come black friday.) Buy a GS3 for $1. Sell it on ebay for about $450. Purchase GN2 off contract for $650 (on ebay or from your local carrier but ebay might be less expensive especially 2 weeks from now). Basically you pay $200 and some change for the Note 2. I would research which color of the S3 is going higher right now though. Oh and make sure you have the place where you buy it not activate it or take it out of the box. Like I said this is if no one has a sale on the note 2 but ZEDOMAX (From highonandroid.com and blackfridayandroid.com ) seems to think that it will be on a pretty good sale.

2lee240

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
screw it, just went and picked myself up two note 2's. love them. the wife loves it. happy wife = priceless. /story

will probably get about $120-150 back for each of my iphone 4's. that's all those are good for, to resell back to brainless people who are willing to spend money on a worthless phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay