Spen apps from Developers now and in the future

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm ready for a upgrade and have done a good bit of reading on the note 2 and many of the videos showing off it's features.
I've scanned the 9 pages in this forum (less carrier forums) but not the note 1 forums to ask this:

Have there been many apps released that take advantage of the spen, I don't know how to search googleplay for such a query.
While the '2' is new I do expect some to be released over time. Is there any issues for developers to do this ?
For those who have a Note (1 or 2) what apps would you like see created.

Thanks in advance, your input will certainly help me decide on my next phone !

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
there's a section in Samsung Apps supposedly devoted to S-Pen apps, but there are only a handful and most of them are crap... Sadly, I haven't been able to find a good app that truly takes advantage of the S-Pen besides the drawing apps like DrawSomething or Adobe's Sketch Book (that's the one that so far has impressed me...if only I really knew how to draw...)

I had hoped Evernote would take advantage of the S-Pen for handwritten notes, but I downloaded it yesterday and nothing, still the standard note types... I'd rather stick with S-Note, I liked that better...

suzi

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
For Evernote, I've been using Skitch, which uses the s-pen. Also, I am starting to use the handwriting mode in the stock keyboard more and more.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
For Evernote, I've been using Skitch, which uses the s-pen. Also, I am starting to use the handwriting mode in the stock keyboard more and more.
Yeah, but why have two separate pieces of app (honestly, they should be only one app if Evernote owns Skitch) when S-Note can do the same (and more) in a single place?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech