Is the Note 2 for me?

blackberrymamba

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Everything I have seen and heard the phone tells me I will love it but I bought it Sim Free so I cant return it once opened. Since Sim Free it is rather pricey at ?510 I just wanted to get a better impression of how people find the phone after having used it for a little while before I made my decision.

Ive read reviews from all the credible sites and it sounds great for me but most reviewers are only testing the phone for a day or two before giving their verdict and moving to the next handset they need to review so I really do value the opinions of real users.

Based on what I have heard so far I think I am going to use it but will give myself one more day to make sure so please keep the opinions coming.

I think it really depends. If you text 50 messages a day you can do that on any phone. But since you do surf the net a lot you are going to enjoy the bigger screen that's for sure. But since it is an investment, you really should make sure this is something you can see yourself for a couple of years. There are a lot of other great cheaper alternatives if you don't need that big of a screen.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Suggestion: Return THAT one and go get one from a retailer that allows 14 or 30 days even if box is opened and doesn't charge a restocking fee if all items are in tact (Like Amazon)

But my personal opinion is IF u have physically played with this one at the store and you are STILL on the fence, there is a chance this isn't for you. I believe with phones its usually love at FIRST site or its a "no go" : )

BTC

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
If you enjoy the actual size of the phone then it's right for you. I've had the I phone 5 the s3 and the blackberry 9700 all in the last year and the note is miles ahead of them all if you feel the size is an advantage.

If it's a bit bulky or you can't be sure you will enjoy having to hold it more then keep it in your pocket, got g3 or another route.

For a simple phone the 9700 is my favorite but in don't view the note as a simple phone :)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

Hi, was reading this this thread. how are the radios especially WiFi and and the range of wifi on the note2?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
It's a beautiful big phone... if you have it, open it and use it!

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
You said you were a gadget lover. That's all I needed to read. The Note 2 is the ultimate gadget. S3, iPhone...they don't even come close. Battery life is good. Battery life on all smartphones before it, terrible. We just chose to deal with it.

In my opinion, the Galaxy Note 2 is:
The best portable video player on the planet. largest screen, split screen, airview preview, chapter preview, supports every codec out there out of the box. External SD card holds up to 64GB. You can connect external drives to it. Virtually unlimited capacity.
The best portable internet browser. Airview hover for web pages works great, just like hovering with a mouse. Flash works.
A multitasking device. Really, you can watch videos on and web surf properly. I hate popup player because it blocks your screen. Spilt screen is the way to do it.
Gives you the same convenience of a notepad and a pen in your pocket, without having to carry a pad and paper. Can't express just how nice it is to write something as soon as you take it out of your pocket without having to unlock, find and open up an app, then start typing.

You mean you're thinking of getting something else without these killer features?

Chris5626

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.

Ok I have made my decision and I am going to be a Note 2 owner (well technically I already am but you know what I mean).

Yesterday I went to my local Carphone Warehouse to have another play, their one was covered in security devices which made it quite difficult although I found that I seemed to be able to operate the device ok with one hand, although in most cases two handed would probably be better if I can use it one hand then I really shouldn't have any issue with the size of the device which was one of my concerns. I also spent a few hours with a dummy unit of a Galaxy Note 1 in my pocket, I know the dimensions aren't exactly the same but I felt it was a good test. It fit fine in my suit and I actually forgot it was there after a few minutes.

Despite making my decision I am not going to take it out of the box just yet, I'm waiting to hear back from the retailer I purchased it from as I got some rather poor customer service from them and one of their manager's is calling back to apologise and to "put things right" so depending on how that goes I might return it and buy it from a different retailer.

Big thanks to everyone that replied to my thread, if I haven't thanked your posts yet I will do when I get a chance to sit down and go back through to check, I know I asked the same things you have no doubt been asked a million times before but I did want to be really sure so I really do appreciate your patience and your detailed responses.

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Seems to me the biggest thing your worried about is the two handed operation? So i say open that puppy up because that's called human error!! Most of the time we are finding things wetting with the device, it's not the devices fault you can't literature it with one hand. I believe i that you as a human will just adapt.... That's what we do. I know im going to hate to sometimes have to use two hands but id trade that for the best phone out. They all have ups and downs as you know but this down is a human problem, open the box.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm so lost now. What does the store have to "make right?" You've had the phone in your possession for some time now. You've asked for thoughts and opinions of others to help you decide to keep the phone then you come out the blue with I'm still not going to take it out the box. Seriously dude.

Why not just return it so a customer who truly wants one can get it.

Sent from my WHITE S'NOTE using Tapatalk 2

disturbed1

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
If you want no BS real review by people who've used this phone extensively and it's their daily driver go to YouTube and check out Flossy Carter (he keeps it 100 all the time on every phone he reviews). Also check out wwjoshdew (he's a true nerd and doesn't BS). Also check out HeelsAndTech (her reviews are also in depth. Most people think she walks on water).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the share, and I'll check out the HeelsAndTech person right now! I've never heard of them.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, HeelsandTech does an excellent review. She concluded that the phone is just too big for her, but you get used to it, in a good way.

From my Galaxy Note 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech