01-29-2013 08:29 AM
30 12
    Hi all.

Ok I have made my decision and I am going to be a Note 2 owner (well technically I already am but you know what I mean).

Yesterday I went to my local Carphone Warehouse to have another play, their one was covered in security devices which made it quite difficult although I found that I seemed to be able to operate the device ok with one hand, although in most cases two handed would probably be better if I can use it one hand then I really shouldn't have any issue with the size of the device which was one of my concerns. I also spent a few hours with a dummy unit of a Galaxy Note 1 in my pocket, I know the dimensions aren't exactly the same but I felt it was a good test. It fit fine in my suit and I actually forgot it was there after a few minutes.

Despite making my decision I am not going to take it out of the box just yet, I'm waiting to hear back from the retailer I purchased it from as I got some rather poor customer service from them and one of their manager's is calling back to apologise and to "put things right" so depending on how that goes I might return it and buy it from a different retailer.

Big thanks to everyone that replied to my thread, if I haven't thanked your posts yet I will do when I get a chance to sit down and go back through to check, I know I asked the same things you have no doubt been asked a million times before but I did want to be really sure so I really do appreciate your patience and your detailed responses.
    11-13-2012 04:34 AM
    Seems to me the biggest thing your worried about is the two handed operation? So i say open that puppy up because that's called human error!! Most of the time we are finding things wetting with the device, it's not the devices fault you can't literature it with one hand. I believe i that you as a human will just adapt.... That's what we do. I know im going to hate to sometimes have to use two hands but id trade that for the best phone out. They all have ups and downs as you know but this down is a human problem, open the box.
    11-13-2012 08:46 AM
    I'm so lost now. What does the store have to "make right?" You've had the phone in your possession for some time now. You've asked for thoughts and opinions of others to help you decide to keep the phone then you come out the blue with I'm still not going to take it out the box. Seriously dude.

Why not just return it so a customer who truly wants one can get it.

Sent from my WHITE S'NOTE using Tapatalk 2
    11-13-2012 12:52 PM
    If you want no BS real review by people who've used this phone extensively and it's their daily driver go to YouTube and check out Flossy Carter (he keeps it 100 all the time on every phone he reviews). Also check out wwjoshdew (he's a true nerd and doesn't BS). Also check out HeelsAndTech (her reviews are also in depth. Most people think she walks on water).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the share, and I'll check out the HeelsAndTech person right now! I've never heard of them.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    01-29-2013 05:45 AM
    Yes, HeelsandTech does an excellent review. She concluded that the phone is just too big for her, but you get used to it, in a good way.

From my Galaxy Note 2
    01-29-2013 08:29 AM
30 12