Phone not sleeping / poor battery life

BillJr106

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
My FIRST Note 2 had EXCEPTIONAL battery life. However after a failed installation of My Story from the Samsung store, it never ran the same so I exchanged it. Now my second Note 2 runs amazing again, however it isnt entering sleep mode, and the battery life when sleeping is definitely piss poor, easily trickling off 2% or more an hour. My first one would get 3 hours on 1%. Any reasons or troubleshooting to fix why it isnt sleeping? Because of this WiFi is staying on 24/7 and Im sure it isnt adjusting the CPU clock accordingly. Any help would be great. Thanks.

BillJr106@hotmail.com

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue when I got mine (international version), and there were two culprits keeping the phone awake at all times: Google Now (constantly polling your location for those novelty cards) and Maps (for some reason, after you log in, Latitude defaults to constantly updating your location automatically). If you say your WiFi is staying on 24/7 I'd check the WiFi sleep policy on your phone. If nothing helps, then you can find a few apps in the Play Store (no root needed) that can monitor all activity in your phone and try to pin-point exactly which process is keeping the phone awake when it should be asleep. That being said, 2% an hour still seems to be great battery ratings, though...

BillJr106

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Just for s and giggles I manually disabled Wi-Fi before bed, and Wi-Fi stayed off and the phone slept. So my problem is even though i have it set to never keep Wi-Fi on, Wi-Fi isn't shutting off and its keeping my phone awake. Anyone know a fix or do i have a broken phone?

I had a similar issue when I got mine (international version), and there were two culprits keeping the phone awake at all times: Google Now (constantly polling your location for those novelty cards) and Maps (for some reason, after you log in, Latitude defaults to constantly updating your location automatically). If you say your WiFi is staying on 24/7 I'd check the WiFi sleep policy on your phone. If nothing helps, then you can find a few apps in the Play Store (no root needed) that can monitor all activity in your phone and try to pin-point exactly which process is keeping the phone awake when it should be asleep. That being said, 2% an hour still seems to be great battery ratings, though...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's odd... Even if WiFi is on it SHOULDN'T keep the phone awake unless something is transmitting... maybe it's the S-Cloud/Dropbox/whatevercloudservice sync? I know most of these are set up to only sync while on WiFi...

- - - Updated - - -

How do i get Google now to stop polling my location and giving me time to get to my house.
It's somewhere in the settings for Google Now... It gives you the option to turn individual card types on and off...

Sdn2995

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just for s and giggles I manually disabled Wi-Fi before bed, and Wi-Fi stayed off and the phone slept. So my problem is even though i have it set to never keep Wi-Fi on, Wi-Fi isn't shutting off and its keeping my phone awake. Anyone know a fix or do i have a broken phone?

Do you have the mobile optimizer on?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
From the Settings page of your Note 2 you need to head to Wi-Fi and select Advanced. You should then see some text that reads ?Connect to Wi-Fi while asleep? tap that and to change that to Never. That should do it! Good Luck

Hikmat abdoollayev

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
maybe some app is using partial wakelock and synchronizing data whenever your wi-fi is on?
Check "Wakelock detector" app, it shows which app is using partial wakelock to keep your phone awake

Nikhil Gorintla

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Dude if u have installed antivirus deactivate and uninstall it and just check antivirus is keeping cpu alive but it never show up in batter information hope it helps u

Make use u uninstall app from Settings->application manager->select antivirus->clear cache -> clear data -> force stop->then uninstall...:)

Wifi, googlenow, gps any of this is not keeping cpu alive in galaxy note 2