What happened to the free 50GB dropbox storage?

surebuttercringe

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
My Note 2 didn't come preloaded with Dropbox. Had to get it from Google Play store. When I downloaded it and put my information in, I only get the 4.25 GB I had before.

TedHackler

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had to go to the Dropbox site. I found a link for free 50 gig upgrade. You have to do about four things to get it but it only took me about four minutes to do. One was invite a friend, one was load dropbox onto a computer. I think thats it then it upgrades your account to 50 gig.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine came preloaded. .. all I did was log in and then I recieved an email that I had got the 50gb....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I got mine to work finally.

So how come the space is only given to us for the next 24 months??

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

ayg

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Because you'll probably buy another phone with Dropbox storage by then. With the decreasing cost of storage I wouldn't worry about 24 months from now.

My GT-N7100 from Newegg had the 50gb offer. You have to confirm it via email and click one or two small requirements.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you already have a dropbox account it will be added automatically once you sign in on the mobile app. If you're new to dropbox you get 2gb by default then you'll get an email saying you get an additional 48gb. :)

Yeah the catch is it's only good for 24 months. :/

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
If you already have a dropbox account it will be added automatically once you sign in on the mobile app. If you're new to dropbox you get 2gb by default then you'll get an email saying you get an additional 48gb. :)

Because they want you to use it all and be dependent on it so they can charge you to keep the space later.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

surebuttercringe

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Signed in to the mobile app. Still only shows 4.25 GB after 4 days now.

:confused:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Go register on the Samsung app store. I got an email to claim the 48gb free dropbox shortly after registering there.

Go pick up photo reader and photo editor while you are there too.

surebuttercringe

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Go register on the Samsung app store. I got an email to claim the 48gb free dropbox shortly after registering there.

Go pick up photo reader and photo editor while you are there too.

Ok. Just registered with Samsung, but not on the app store because it says my device isn't supported. I did the registration of Samsung through the phone itself. We'll see if I get an email.

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I had a dropbox account but my wife didn't. When I got her the S3 a month or so ago, I used the 48 gig upgrade on my dropbox account (both of our phones are linked to the single account, we upload all of our photo's there, plus I keep some misc game files etc).

Now I have the Note 2...will I get another 48 gig upgrade (taking me to near 100 gig?) ? Not that I will ever use that much :p

surebuttercringe

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I think I may have found the answer to my question here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/297/en

Non-participating carriers

Select carriers have opted-out of the promotion on phones otherwise eligible. Among those not currently participating are:

United States: AT&T, Verizon

Japan: NTT DoCoMo

Korea: SK Telecom

Since my phone is AT&T, it did not come pre-loaded with Dropbox, which makes me believe that it is in fact ineligible. Can any of you that have gotten this to work confirm that you are not on AT&T?

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow that sucks. Wonder why they would opt out. No I am not on any of those mentioned carriers.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think I may have found the answer to my question here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/297/en

I would not assume that at all. My Sprint Note 2 did not come with Dropbox, I had to download and install it. I totally forgot about the 50GB offer. Actually I did not see it advertized anywhere, but knew from previously setting up my wife's SIII that Samsung has a deal with DB to give 50GB to anyone with a new Samsung phone. Anyway, I had some problems getting my phone registered. I could not do it via the web, and finally did an online chat with them. They said they had registered it, but the only thing that happened right after they said that was I got a note about the 50GB. I finally ended up finalizing the registration today, but in any case the Dropbox account got updated about 4 days after I got my phone. It may or may not have to do with registration, but I didn't need to do anything myself. I'd give it till Monday and if you still haven't been updated, check on Dropbox's site - they have some FAQ's that include info on this and how to resolve getting the extra space if you haven't gotten it automatically...

Since my phone is AT&T, it did not come pre-loaded with Dropbox, which makes me believe that it is in fact ineligible. Can any of you that have gotten this to work confirm that you are not on AT&T?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR