Quick Look: Spigen Ultra Crystal Screen Shield & White Samsung Flip Cover

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll be doing reviews of both of these on my YouTube channel - but in the meantime I thought I'd throw up some pics.

I got a bunch of Note 2 accessories in today and quickly slapped on 2.

1 - the Spigen SGP Ultra Crystal screen shield.

2 - The OEM Note 2 White Flip Cover.

Here are some quick pics of both.

Attachments

• DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 421
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 420
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 416
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 418
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 411

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a flip case for my original Galaxy Note (didn't last long), so I have held off buying one for the Note 2. Can you share if it's been your experience whether the edges begin to fray easily after use? This was the challenge I had with the flip case for the original Note. I like the functionality and look of the case, but concerned a little about the durability.

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Quick Look: Spigen Ultra Crystal Screen Shield & White Samsung Flip Cover

How is that case for gaming? Lets say for games that use the motion sensor and have you constantly turning the device?

I've literally had it for 3 hours. Stay tuned.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a link to your YouTube channel?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

Hopefully this is allowed: Larry Greenberg

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a flip case for my original Galaxy Note (didn't last long), so I have held off buying one for the Note 2. Can you share if it's been your experience whether the edges begin to fray easily after use? This was the challenge I had with the flip case for the original Note. I like the functionality and look of the case, but concerned a little about the durability.

I've heard that about the cover but I need to use it for a while before saying whether or not it happens with this version.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thoughts of the screen protector? I am torn between this one and Spigen Ultra Optics but two things are important to me: it doesn't alter the screen at all and it's not matte ie: smooth as glass.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thoughts of the screen protector? I am torn between this one and Spigen Ultra Optics but two things are important to me: it doesn't alter the screen at all and it's not matte ie: smooth as glass.

I ordered the Spigen Ultra Optics myself - just waiting on delivery.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Amen to that! I don't like to use screen protectors because typically you can tell a device that has one installed, and in my opinion it distracts from the display.

I wouldn't mind using one if it fits perfectly, and is crystal clear. In other words I want to be able to forget it's there.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site

The fit of the screen protector seems just a bit off - it's straight, it's just a little too narrow. Not a huge deal. I've been a longtime fan of Spigen's screen shields. The best thing about the Ultra Crystal is you absolutely can not tell it's there once you install it properly - in both look and feel.

I've used the ultra optics before and can't say I'm a huge fan of them. They put off an odd noise when you run your finger across them. Hard to explain but you'll see what I mean when they come. They are also not as clear as the UC but they do reduce finger prints.

I have some Ultra Olephobics coming too, which I think are the best of both worlds.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The fit of the screen protector seems just a bit off - it's straight, it's just a little too narrow. Not a huge deal. I've been a longtime fan of Spigen's screen shields. The best thing about the Ultra Crystal is you absolutely can not tell it's there once you install it properly - in both look and feel.

I've used the ultra optics before and can't say I'm a huge fan of them. They put off an odd noise when you run your finger across them. Hard to explain but you'll see what I mean when they come. They are also not as clear as the UC but they do reduce finger prints.

I have some Ultra Olephobics coming too, which I think are the best of both worlds.

Are you saying that the screen protector doesn't cover the entire screen or that it doesn't cover the entire front face if the phone?

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you saying that the screen protector doesn't cover the entire screen or that it doesn't cover the entire front face if the phone?

For me these are one in the same.

But yes, it seems a little bit of the white bezel is not covered by the screen shield and it doesn't extend quite far enough to the bottom.

I just used to the Spigen shields for the iPhone which cover the entire front. I'm not sure if this is an oversight due to early release or on purpose.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
For me these are one in the same.

But yes, it seems a little bit of the white bezel is not covered by the screen shield and it doesn't extend quite far enough to the bottom.

I just used to the Spigen shields for the iPhone which cover the entire front. I'm not sure if this is an oversight due to early release or on purpose.

I see what your saying when comparing many other protectors to the protectors for the Note 2 in that they don't cover the entire front if the phone. I would rather it do that but I believe the reason behind why that's not the case is because the Note 2 screen (whole front) is curved at the far sides so making a protector that wouldn't peel up would be an engineering challenge. As long as it covers the space that is the screen, I'm happy for now.

I'm also ordering the Oleophobic based on your reviews from other phones. Fantastic YouTube channel sir!

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
No comparison. The Zagg is awful, clouds the screen, wet install etc.

When you install this correctly you can not tell it's there.

No, the glass one is the GLAS.t or GLASTr. Not made for the Note.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No comparison. The Zagg is awful, clouds the screen, wet install etc.

When you install this correctly you can not tell it's there.

No, the glass one is the GLAS.t or GLASTr. Not made for the Note.

You think the Zagg HD is aweful? Yes you put it on wet and if you know how to put it on correctly, you cant even tell that its on once it dries up cause of the HD clarity. What cloudiness are you referring to btw?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan