How to backup and restore files and apps accross multiple Android devices?

raptorstv

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I am using my galaxy s3 right now, and thinking of selling it on craigslist for the note 2 later. How do I backup all of my files (documents, photos, contacts, etc) and then restore it on the new device?

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I am using my galaxy s3 right now, and thinking of selling it on craigslist for the note 2 later. How do I backup all of my files (documents, photos, contacts, etc) and then restore it on the new device?

I backed up to the sd card in my HTC Inspire, physically moved the sd card into my Note II, and imported contacts etcetera. So quick 'n' easy, it made me laugh!

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I backed up to the sd card in my HTC Inspire, physically moved the sd card into my Note II, and imported contacts etcetera. So quick 'n' easy, it made me laugh!

How do you backup to sd card? I have a Galaxy S3 as well, with the SD card. Only option in settings has Google backup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
How do you backup to sd card? I have a Galaxy S3 as well, with the SD card. Only option in settings has Google backup. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Contacts--->>>MENU: Import/Export--->Export to SD card

My photos, vids, & docs automatically go on my sd card.

I don't use music and movies on my phones so someone who does can instruct you in those.