Touchwiz music player is fantastic

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
One of the real pleasant surprises on the Note 2 is the Touchwiz music player. It does almost everything I want in a music player - easy playlist creation, tried but true navigation features, and the best widget I've seen. Stretch it to full screen and not only are the transport controls there, but it has a scrollable playlist. I've tried out tons of music apps, and the only features it's missing are an mp3 tag editor and the ability to reorder playlists.

For a free player, it's the best I've used.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
One of the real pleasant surprises on the Note 2 is the Touchwiz music player. It does almost everything I want in a music player - easy playlist creation, tried but true navigation features, and the best widget I've seen. Stretch it to full screen and not only are the transport controls there, but it has a scrollable playlist. I've tried out tons of music apps, and the only features it's missing are an mp3 tag editor and the ability to reorder playlists.

Is it the same as the galaxy s3 cuz if so I can not figure it out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
There are differences. The S3 player doesn't have a button to jump to the main menu. The shuffle and repeat buttons are missing on the widget. I probably wouldn't use the default player on the S3 for those missing features. There may be other differences as well.

Hopefully for S3 owners, they will update the music player when the multi - window feature is released.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Does it pull over all of the clip art or do you need a separate app?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Some songs do and some don't. You would need a third party program for songs that don't come up automatically.

It's not a feature I care much about.

mr.holtz

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to keep the 'sound alive' feature (the equalizer) set on a particular setting instead of having to change it every time I use the app?! I've tried to do it in the options menu but it'll change back to 'normal' as soon as I exit the app.

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site

Does it hook into Google music or are we still limited to play music app for that? I've got 6000 songs on there I'd like to not lose.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
No, it's a standalone player. I don't think there are any players that can stream your Google Music library other than Play Music.

budbay1

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It is missing one thing which renders it useless to me - podcasts/audiobooks do not resume where you left off, they start all the way over which to me is very annoying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I use PocketCasts. Top notch podcast app. But you're right - the player remembers the last song you played but does not have a resume feature.

budbay1

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am using doubletwist for my podcasts and it has worked fine thus far, but I'd love to just use the stock player if I could.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Because of my previous experiences with the default music player, I pretty much dismissed it, but I keep coming back to it because it is so integrated with Touchwiz. Definitely I'll have a look at it again with a fresh perspective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton