[REVIEW] Seidio Active Case for the Note 2

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!! I am pleased to tell you that I ordered my Seidio Active case for my incoming Note 2 (Verizon) from the AC Store on Thursday November 15th and I received it today, Saturday November 17th. Awesome shipping from the AC store indeed from Florida to Upstate NY in 2 days, very well packaged, and an awesome price at $31.41 shipped. As I don't currently have the Note 2, I can't offer a complete review yet but that will come after I actually get the phone so here, I will post up a bunch of pictures and initial thoughts.

I have been looking forward to this case because I've had one for my HTC Thunderbolt for over a year now and it's still in great shape. It has saved my phone from numerous drops from various heights, it causes zero "abrasions" or "rub-off" like harder plastic cases cause on the body of the phone, and I think it looks very utilitarian which is what I am going for with my phone. Now, pertaining specifically to the Note 2 case, it's pretty much the exact same thing as far as design is concerned. Highly durable plastic skeleton outer shell with a rubbery gel inner shell that is what actually makes contact with the phone and this is why there is no "rub off". The grip is fantastic of course and the magnetic kickstand looks classy as could be and opens and closes as smooth as butter. The first thing I actually noticed about the case after unboxing it was precisely how thin this phone is going to be compared to my Thunderbolt with gigantic extended battery. I used to strictly use Body Glove cases until I realized that the hard inner plastic was causing this undesirable "rub off" I'm talking about. Once I actually get the phone seemingly on November 29, I will add my full review to this thread so everyone can get an idea of exactly how awesome Seidio cases are. Enjoy!! And if you have any questions, comments or want more pictures, let me know!!

I apologize for the busyness of the first pic. My Thunderbolt camera wouldn't pick up the picture without a lighter background.
IMG_20121117_190346.jpg

IMG_20121117_190518.jpg

IMG_20121117_190534.jpg

IMG_20121117_190550.jpg

IMG_20121117_190638.jpg

IMG_20121117_190651.jpg

IMG_20121117_190720.jpg

IMG_20121117_190745.jpg

IMG_20121117_190949.jpg

JDub#WN

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I received mine today from the store here. Its a really great case. The holster is a great fit but unless you are 6'10" I can't imagine wearing it on my belt... That's just from the size of the phone though. Worth the money.

Tari

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
While I'm not planning to get one of these cases myself (at least not at the moment), it would still be nice to know if that very weak magnet has any affect on the S-Pen. :)

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
While I'm not planning to get one of these cases myself (at least not at the moment), it would still be nice to know if that very weak magnet has any affect on the S-Pen. :)

I will have that answer in a few more weeks!!

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

JDub#WN

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
You did a review for the case with no phone? LOL... well I have the case on my phone and have no trouble with the S-Pen. Seidio already confirmed that there was no trouble also in their announcement post.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
You did a review for the case with no phone? LOL... well I have the case on my phone and have no trouble with the S-Pen. Seidio already confirmed that there was no trouble also in their announcement post.

Indeed I did just to keep peoples excitement up and to answer some initial questions that were strewn throughout the announcement thread.

gandu

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine for my note2 30 minds ago. .. It doesn't feel snug or secure... This is my first. .. not smug like say an Otter box...is this right or wrong? No issue with pen and stand

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine for my note2 30 minds ago. .. It doesn't feel snug or secure... This is my first. .. not smug like say an Otter box...is this right or wrong? No issue with pen and stand

The Seidoo cases for fairly snug but since they're made with the rubbery gel material, they will feel a little not snug if you will but believe me, they work fantastically.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!! I am pleased to tell you that I ordered my Seidio Active case for my incoming Note 2 (Verizon) from the AC Store on Thursday November 15th and I received it today, Saturday November 17th. Awesome shipping from the AC store indeed from Florida to Upstate NY in 2 days, very well packaged, and an awesome price at $31.41 shipped. As I don't currently have the Note 2, I can't offer a complete review yet but that will come after I actually get the phone so here, I will post up a bunch of pictures and initial thoughts.

I have been looking forward to this case because I've had one for my HTC Thunderbolt for over a year now and it's still in great shape. It has saved my phone from numerous drops from various heights, it causes zero "abrasions" or "rub-off" like harder plastic cases cause on the body of the phone, and I think it looks very utilitarian which is what I am going for with my phone. Now, pertaining specifically to the Note 2 case, it's pretty much the exact same thing as far as design is concerned. Highly durable plastic skeleton outer shell with a rubbery gel inner shell that is what actually makes contact with the phone and this is why there is no "rub off". The grip is fantastic of course and the magnetic kickstand looks classy as could be and opens and closes as smooth as butter. The first thing I actually noticed about the case after unboxing it was precisely how thin this phone is going to be compared to my Thunderbolt with gigantic extended battery. I used to strictly use Body Glove cases until I realized that the hard inner plastic was causing this undesirable "rub off" I'm talking about. Once I actually get the phone seemingly on November 29, I will add my full review to this thread so everyone can get an idea of exactly how awesome Seidio cases are. Enjoy!! And if you have any questions, comments or want more pictures, let me know!!

I apologize for the busyness of the first pic. My Thunderbolt camera wouldn't pick up the picture without a lighter background.
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q525/chuckawd1/IMG_20121117_190346.jpg
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q525/chuckawd1/IMG_20121117_190518.jpg
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q525/chuckawd1/IMG_20121117_190534.jpg
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q525/chuckawd1/IMG_20121117_190550.jpg
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q525/chuckawd1/IMG_20121117_190638.jpg
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q525/chuckawd1/IMG_20121117_190651.jpg
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q525/chuckawd1/IMG_20121117_190720.jpg
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q525/chuckawd1/IMG_20121117_190745.jpg
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q525/chuckawd1/IMG_20121117_190949.jpg

Chuck,

Your pictures are of the case with kick-stand in landscape.
Does the kick-stand also allow the GN2 to stand in portrait position or is the phone too big?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It does not support portrait mode unfortunately. The kickstand doesn't lock into position if you will but rather it uses the weight of the phone to stay open. Can't wait until next week!!

cjbrigol

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Not a huge fan. I bought the case, and it's nice, but it's not tight enough on the phone. The soft rubber moves around a lot. I bought the surface as well, and it's much nicer. I do switch between both though. The kickstand on both is a little wobbly too because it's so far to the right. I actually wrote reviews on the page for the cases :p

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The soft rubber moves around a lot.

This was a concern of mine, how bad is it?

Some cases I have seen with that type of soft rubber have more of the hard back wrapped around the sides so it isn't an issue. Looking at this case that is something I was thinking about.

I bought one anyway.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Case Mate stand case and love it. The fit is tight and there is no magnet to deal with on the stand, It has a nice grip on the sides and if you have a white note, it looks amazing. It also works in portrait.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ote-ii.html%23sku%3Dsku6280708&token=P_6R4mUo

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

That is a neat case. If only it came with a holster and different colors. I still like the active. Have had it for my evo and evo 3d and it's been the best case for me.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

KickingBear519

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the Seidio Surface with the kickstand on my note 2 and I discovered the magnet by the kickstand interferes with writing with the s-pen. Because of the magnet, It creates a "deadzone" right around the opposite side of the magnet(if you have the phone upright in portrait position, the deadzone is around the bottom left hand part of the screen). pen strokes crossing the deadzone become very light or not visible at all unless you press harder. Can you confirm if this happens on your active case? try dragging the s-pen very lightly and see if there is any inconsistency. for me the problem was most prominent when you using the s-pen to handwrite text while web browsing.

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the Seidio Surface with the kickstand on my note 2 and I discovered the magnet by the kickstand interferes with writing with the s-pen. Because of the magnet, It creates a "deadzone" right around the opposite side of the magnet(if you have the phone upright in portrait position, the deadzone is around the bottom left hand part of the screen). pen strokes crossing the deadzone become very light or not visible at all unless you press harder. Can you confirm if this happens on your active case? try dragging the s-pen very lightly and see if there is any inconsistency. for me the problem was most prominent when you using the s-pen to handwrite text while web browsing.

Does not happen with mine.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Yes this happens with my active case as well.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!