Official Samsung Protective Cover PLUS, any local store sells them besides online?

Thingsgoboom

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Like the title says, I was wondering has anyone seen the official samsung protective cover plus case in store?
I don't mind buying it online, but the shipping might take a while with the holidays coming soon.

Also has anyone bought from MobilecityOnline before? Is it a trustable site? The prices just seem so low therefore I ask.

Thank you.

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I sure hope Mobile City is a legit site, I ordered that case last night from them. They also do business on Ebay and have a pretty good rating so I think they should be OK. I'm curious to know if the gray section around the side of the case is rubber, I guess I'll soon find out.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I purchased one during the 50% off period. I like it. It seems to give pretty good protection all around the phone, and doesn't at much bulk at all.

Thingsgoboom

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I purchased one during the 50% off period. I like it. It seems to give pretty good protection all around the phone, and doesn't at much bulk at all.

Yeah, I wanted to buy it off samsung, but they are all sold out. I notice that the back shell is very shiny. Does it stratch easily or have those scratch swirls when looked at an angle?

This case fits with all carriers right?

Thank you

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I notice that the back shell is very shiny. Does it stratch easily or have those scratch swirls when looked at an angle?

After a week, there are no scratches on mine. I am pretty careful about not putting it in a pocket with keys or change, but I don't baby it. So far its holding up very well.

It should. As far as I know, there are no differences externally between the carrriers (except for the Verizon logo :))

- - - Updated - - -

I notice that the back shell is very shiny. Does it stratch easily or have those scratch swirls when looked at an angle?

After a week, there are no scratches on mine. I am pretty careful about not putting it in a pocket with keys or change, but I don't baby it. So far its holding up very well.

It should. As far as I know, there are no differences externally between the carrriers (except for the Verizon logo :))

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I sure hope Mobile City is a legit site, I ordered that case last night from them. They also do business on Ebay and have a pretty good rating so I think they should be OK. I'm curious to know if the gray section around the side of the case is rubber, I guess I'll soon find out.

I am curious too...it looks like rubber and may help get a good grip on the phone...but what does it look like? I was seriously looking to order one, but would really like to see in person.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I wanted to buy it off samsung, but they are all sold out. I notice that the back shell is very shiny. Does it stratch easily or have those scratch swirls when looked at an angle?

I bought this case in black from Samsung with a 50% off coupon. It is a very good quality TPU case. That said it is glossy on the back and it will scratch and how fingerprints etc. I now have the Seidio Surface combo. I really liked the thinness and light weight of the Samsung case but would have preferred a matte type back shell.

Thank you

I bought this case in black from Samsung with a 50% off coupon. It is a very good quality TPU case. That said it is glossy on the back and it will scratch and show fingerprints etc. I now have the Seidio Surface combo. I really liked the thinness and light weight of the Samsung case but would have preferred a matte type back shell.

Thingsgoboom

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought this case in black from Samsung with a 50% off coupon. It is a very good quality TPU case. That said it is glossy on the back and it will scratch and show fingerprints etc. I now have the Seidio Surface combo. I really liked the thinness and light weight of the Samsung case but would have preferred a matte type back shell.

Thanks for the response. You say it shows fingerprints, so if I was to wipe it on my jeans, do you think that it will scratch? I do not mean deep scratch marks, but those swirly scratch marks that you seen on car paint.

By any chance, would you have any pictures with the case on the phone? (You don't have to go through the trouble it you do not have any pictures)

Thank you

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response. You say it shows fingerprints, so if I was to wipe it on my jeans, do you think that it will scratch? I do not mean deep scratch marks, but those swirly scratch marks that you seen on car paint.

By any chance, would you have any pictures with the case on the phone? (You don't have to go through the trouble it you do not have any pictures)

Thank you

I doubt your jeans would scratch it. I did not have scratches on mine but could see it happening with extended use. The good news is that it seems like good protection for the phone. As for a picture, I m sorry but I already switched to my Seidio surface case and it is not the easiest to get off...

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got the case from mobilecityonline and I'd recommend them! I live in ct and they ship from ny so the wait was only 3 days. It came in the official samsung box and is in mint condition. Not great drop protection but it does give a durability feel to the phone. Also not much bulk! Definitely a great buy and hold over until otterbox makes their case available!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just got the case from mobilecityonline and I'd recommend them! I live in ct and they ship from ny so the wait was only 3 days. It came in the official samsung box and is in mint condition. Not great drop protection but it does give a durability feel to the phone. Also not much bulk! Definitely a great buy and hold over until otterbox makes their case available!

What about the edges - is it a rubber-like material? Do you have a picture on the phone? Thanks!

TrueBlueKew

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I was also looking at the official Samsung case. What's the overall feeling grip wise, particularly one handed? I know the back appears slick but the side appears to have grip. I like my Bodyglove, however, despite the texture on the back one handed it feels a bit slippery. This has me wondering if the Surface case might be a better choice. Just not sure about the two halved case causing a line across the back (prefer minimal istic/clean lines).

Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Think you could post a pic of it on your phone and post it real quick?
Would be much appreciated.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry all I can't/have no way of taking a picture of it on my phone. I will answer any questions though! As far as feel of the case and the edges they are both very good! The edges aren't rubbery like really, they are more plastic like although have the slightest bit of rubber texture to them. Also they are raised less than a 1/16" from the screen to provide face down protection but they add pretty much no bulk to the phone pocketwise. As for the back, it is slick plastic. I will say it feels grippy though, as I'm typing this one handed and I feel like the phone is stuck to my fingers just right. Overall it's a great case and I might even hold off on my otterbox purchase. Also as far as cases go it is effortless to use the side keys. I give it a 9.5 out of 10 for light duty cases! And only because I wish it came in titanium grey!