International Note 2 Unlocked Bootloader?

photojazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I tried searching Google for this first, but all the results that come back are related to the various carrier-specific versions of the Note 2, which are all locked down. My question is if the non-US Galaxy Note 2 has an unlocked bootloader or not.

Thanks in advance!

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Try searching specifically for N7100? I have one and I don't know. The skin on this one is really quite good.

photojazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Try searching specifically for N7100? I have one and I don't know. The skin on this one is really quite good.
True. Plus I discovered the other day that it supports OTG mass drives out of the box (unlike my Nexus 7) so I'm running out of reasons to need to root it. The only one I have left is running apps off the microSD.

photojazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Think you might be best off waiting on a 32gb version maybe. it's the easy way out anyway.

I already have the 16GB version, which was the only one available where I am. I'm not low on space or anything since all my media is on the SD card. I'm just thinking about the future.

Sent from my GT-N7100

photojazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased a 64gb SD card for my Note 2, plenty of space for me. $38.99 today, from Amazon.
That's not the issue. I have a 64GB Class 10 SanDisk in my phone already. The issue is being able to install large apps to the SD card. For example, Balder's Gate is being ported to mobile devices (yes, I'm aware there is already a Bioware Infinity engine emulator for Android). The install is going to be 3-4GB. With Jellybean, that HAS to go on the phone and can't be installed to the SD card. On Jellybean, the SD card can only be used for media, saved docs, and that's about it.

Although I just noticed that Chrome moved the downloads directory there, too.

Anyway, my issue isn't media storage space. It's the ever-increasing size of apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech