Galaxy Note 2 international version - Chinese SMS get scrambled

oenvoyage

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
My wife and I had this problem on the note 2 when sending SMS with chinese characters, all recievers got them scrambled with question marks ?????? ???? ???
It took me a little time to understand the error message and fix it so I thought it would be fair to share it here :

To solve it you need to go to messaging application-> Settings Menu -> Text Message (SMS) settings tab -> Input Mode
set it to Automatic (it was set to GSM alphabet for me) ...

voila its fixed! :cool:
I dont know why its not automatic by default.

Hope it can help someone.
Maybe the same problem can happen with non-latin scripts like russian, arabic etc...

npxmnpxm

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi:

I have the same problem. Do you mean there's a settings menu within the messaging application? How do I access it? I've found the messaging app icon but when I press it, it simply opens the app. When I press and hold, it slides over to my home screen.

Thanks!

Nick

Hello,
My wife and I had this problem on the note 2 when sending SMS with chinese characters, all recievers got them scrambled with question marks ?????? ???? ???
It took me a little time to understand the error message and fix it so I thought it would be fair to share it here :

To solve it you need to go to messaging application-> Settings Menu -> Text Message (SMS) settings tab -> Input Mode
set it to Automatic (it was set to GSM alphabet for me) ...

voila its fixed! :cool:
I dont know why its not automatic by default.

Hope it can help someone.
Maybe the same problem can happen with non-latin scripts like russian, arabic etc...

Phung Van Nguyen

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with Vietnamese fonts? I can type it but when the message sent it turns to ???
What do you mean: message application and setting menu? please help us to fix the problems

krestik21

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Can you help us how to fix the problem, I do not know where to go to messaging application???? and setting menu

open ur message app. The app u go to to send regular SMS and u will see all of ur recipients ( what I mean is not just a specific person but all of ur messages) and then click the menu button. I have a note 3 and will tell u where to go on my phone. But all androids have similar menus and options. My menu button is on the left. Then u go to the settings. From the list of options it gives u. And once ur in the settings on my phone it's the tabs on top I have 3 I think. The one in the middle says sms/mms there
Click on it and it will say input mode. There u select automatic vs whatever it's set to. Who ever has issues like this with the corrupted sms in different languages try it. So did the trick for me. I suffered 1 year until I came across this post biggest thank u of all times to the guy who wrote this trick. ( I really hope I don't sound stupid or make anyone sound stupid. Just tried to explain as much so u can fix it. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy