From a GS3 to a Note 2 to a GS3 and then back to the Note 2

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok,,, I'm clearly insane with my phone journey but I'm posting this as a lesson for anyone having second thoughts about the Note 2.

Long time iphone user but got bored and pissed with Apple after getting the iphone 5,,,, decided to dump Apple and make the switch to Android,,,, got the GS3 and loved it but started drooling over the Note 2,,,, got the Note 2 and loved it but the size had me second guessing having it as a daily driver so I went back to the GS3,,,,, after a week with my GS3 I was really really missing the N2,,,, so I went back to my local T-Mobile store and got another Note 2.

The really odd thing is now I am 100% comfortable with the Note 2 size.

So I guess my lesson learned was give the Note 2 enough time to get used to the size,,, it will happen,,, the N2 feels totally normal to me now which I was not sure that would happen.

My other lesson learned is restocking fee's suck.

Anyhow,,, it's been an interesting 4 weeks of buying and returning phones,,, but in the end I am now "at one with my Note 2" and it is now my daily driver.

Cheers
Davyo

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I switched from the iPhone 4 to the Galaxy SIII, but was wanting the Note 2. However I have my SIII set up to my liking and really love this phone, so I'm going to keep rocking my S3/iPad 3 combo for another year.

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am very curious about the Galaxy Note 2, which have a 5.5 inch screen. How fun it could be when I used it to watch videos and play games, compared to other smartphones, Anyway, I am going to buy one when the Christmas is coming. Cheaper. Now I used the HTC One X, even though the camera is good, and beats audio. I just want to hands on the galaxy 2 for enjoy.

I notice your signature. There's a blogspot address there. I was banned "for life" from this forum twice for the same thing. There's a rule on that. I suggest you edit all your posts and remove that before you find yourself banned....

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I think many people go to the phone store and spend a few minutes to see if they like the note or not.
That is in no way a fair amount of time to really get to know the device.
It's a shame cause I think most people would actually like it once they get use to it.
Once you get use to the Note, there is no way of going back to a smaller phone.

Note II, still the greatest phone on earth! LOL

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I notice your signature. There's a blogspot address there. I was banned "for life" from this forum twice for the same thing. There's a rule on that. I suggest you edit all your posts and remove that before you find yourself banned....

Not trying to be funny (well maybe a lil : ) and i'm sure he appreciates the "heads up", but if u were banned, "twice" FOR LIFE, your comment begs the question... are you a cat? lol

So I guess my lesson learned was give the Note 2 enough time to get used to the size,,, it will happen,,, the N2 feels totally normal to me now which I was not sure that would happen.

My other lesson learned is restocking fee's suck....
Anyhow,,, it's been an interesting 4 weeks of buying and returning phones,,, but in the end I am now "at one with my Note 2" and it is now my daily driver.

Feel ur pain, my brother...lol Restocking fees aren't so bad when you measure them against the FULL COST of keeping a device you "THOUGHT" was gonna work for ya... I look at them as a "week's rental cost" to see if i like it rather than a penalty... Cuz u can NEVER really tell if u are gonna like a phone till u sleep with it... :-*

Last edited:

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Feel ur pain, my brother...lol Restocking fees aren't so bad when you measure them against the FULL COST of keeping a device you "THOUGHT" was gonna work for ya... I look at them as a "week's rental cost" to see if i like it rather than a penalty... Cuz u can NEVER really tell if u are gonna like a phone till u sleep with it... :-*

Agreed,,,, the rental/restocking fee is much better than being in a committed FULL COST relationship with a phone that does not work for ya.

Cheers
Davyo

mxb54587

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I went from a 4s to the s3, my buddy looked at my jailbroken I phone when I showed him all the cool things it could do, and he said "why dont you just get a droid lol" so I bought the s3 like 2 weeks before they announced the note 2, and once I saw the gorgeous specs and screen size I just couldnt say no, so I sold my s3 and bought a note 2, i actually only ended up paying 300 for the note 2 which is the same price as the on contract phone. Its honestly the happiest I have felt about a phone since I went form a Razar to a iphone 3g back in 08 lol

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to be funny (well maybe a lil : ) and i'm sure he appreciates the "heads up", but if u were banned, "twice" FOR LIFE, your comment begs the question... are you a cat? lol

Ha ha ha, yes, maybe I am!

Same cat, different names...

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
yup, the Note 2 is definitely a , "gamechanger" to be sure...

there won't be a need to upgrade in 6 months when Note 3 comes out UNLESS its leaps & bounds ahead of this (and how can it be?!)

i envision edge to edge glass, a quad or dual core 2.0 processor, still prolly 2GB of Ram, but honestly, THAT is NOT going to make me shell out $700 bucks cuz in 6 months, my Note 2 is prolly going to be kickin' azz for a lot longer than that : )

i can definetly understand how the OP ping/ponged between this and the SGS III, they are TWO of the sweetest devices i ever used....

BTC

Last edited:

chaze8

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I picked up my Note2 at BestBuy Mobile. They don't have a restocking fee, and you get 30 days to trade-in for a different model (refund is 14 days for AT&T). After seeing the comically large phone a few times, I really wanted to try it. I figured I can go back to iPhone and get a 5 if things didn't work out. I'm on my 2nd week and there's no way I'm going back to the puny iPhone screen size.
I'm still working on my iOS to Android conversion, so if anyone knows of a user guide or something, let me know. I'm stuck right now on the fact that most headphones with mic/volume controls won't work. But that's another thread...

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I picked up my Note2 at BestBuy Mobile. They don't have a restocking fee, and you get 30 days to trade-in for a different model (refund is 14 days for AT&T). After seeing the comically large phone a few times, I really wanted to try it. I figured I can go back to iPhone and get a 5 if things didn't work out. I'm on my 2nd week and there's no way I'm going back to the puny iPhone screen size.
I'm still working on my iOS to Android conversion, so if anyone knows of a user guide or something, let me know. I'm stuck right now on the fact that most headphones with mic/volume controls won't work. But that's another thread...

Check the play store for a guide. I know There's some for the S3.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~