06-22-2013 01:13 AM
52 123
tools
    I spoke with the Samsung technical support person on live chat and he confirmed that Samsung Note 2 has a Gorilla Glass on it. However, they do not have this information provided on the website. Thanks
    Internet_Tough_Guy likes this.
    12-22-2012 05:53 PM
    Oh, because the glass is so strong not even a gorilla could hurt it. I thought it was called gorilla glass because it was made with real pieces of gorilla
    Yes, exactly. Most people don't like to talk about this fact. Gorilla Glass 2 is thinner but contains more pulverized dehydrated gorrilla per cubic centimeter than Gorilla Glass 1 does. Some people have claimed they heard a very faint gorilla growl in the middle of the night even when the phone is in airplane mode-- some see an apparition of a gorilla with glowing eyes appear if only for a few moments, on the phone's screen. Middle of the night gorilla teeth mark bites are much less common.

Seriously- the phones are scratch proof from things like metal keys but it might be that a piece of glass or sand, jewels, crystals etc(harder than metal so hence more apt to scratch) could possibly scratch the surface. It could also be that the manufacturing process is not perfect so in which case you have some glass come out that cannot be scratched with keys and other metal objects but other glasses can. The box of Note 2 and S3 both say they have Gorilla Glass 2 on them- the case is so badly made on the S3 that even if you drop it from a small distance you can shatter the glass-- the Note 2 is much stronger but it has been proven - with good cases that protect the phones all corners/edges and absorb the shock with hard plastic and rubbery material is best you will greatly decrease a shattered glass incident risk(costs 240 just to replace the glass- we should have a class action suit for this- I have been careful from day one so hence no scratches or cracks but they don't even warn you at the phone store that if it slips and falls without a case, even a matter of inches it can crack the screen). Also note that by adding the stick on plastic screen protectors they seem to absorb the shockwave that would otherwise crack the glass and thus prevent the screens from stattering even on their own without a case-- however the best way to go is a good case-- some with a flip-closed cover or similer to cover the screen (that is optional which may provide an extra layer of protection but doesn't appear to be essential)-- add the case together with a plastic stick-on screen protector and you get the best protection from a scratched, shattered or cracked screen.
    alvarez13 likes this.
    12-30-2012 04:03 PM
    ROTFL. Cant stop laughing
    01-02-2013 06:59 AM
    I have always had a case on my phones, but no screen protectors. Haven't had a scratch yet. Knock on wood. My daughter has already dropped my phone a couple of times on hard concrete from about 3-4 feet. Not a scratch on it.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    01-02-2013 05:48 PM
    I have always had a case on my phones, but no screen protectors. Haven't had a scratch yet. Knock on wood. My daughter has already dropped my phone a couple of times on hard concrete from about 3-4 feet. Not a scratch on it.
    sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    Likewise!
    01-02-2013 07:06 PM
    Well,I got good news and bad news pertaining to the screen protector if you really want to know. So which one you want first the bad or the good news. Ill tell you what, you do need a screen protector and I found it. The screen protector is t-glass just like the iphone, real glass for the note2 and thats the good news. Now the bad news is that its expensive and you can get it from across sea, so if you want 1 you better try and link up...
    01-13-2013 02:14 AM
    Cheap matte screen protector (offered off eBay, pack of 3 for like $1.19 with free shipping. S pen works fine and it looks good to me so...

Glass of every variety is easily scratched by sand... know why? Glass is made from sand.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    01-13-2013 06:08 AM
    I still don't understand the reasons behind not using a screen protector. Is it not only liking the feel of them? I guess it's personal preference in the end. I've had no issues with the spen at all using the Mobc ones from amazon. Feels fine and I figure it helps resale value down the road as well. Personally, it doesn't matter what kind of glass my phones will have, I always go under the assumption that it will scratch at some point.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    tirith likes this.
    01-15-2013 04:13 PM
    Same here I always use the Otterbox Defender case and I rip the screen protector out
    I don't like the way the resolution gets compromised I too have never cracked a screen. I guess I'm on guard when it comes to my devices
    mfz22 likes this.
    02-23-2013 09:06 AM
    Yes, exactly. Most people don't like to talk about this fact. Gorilla Glass 2 is thinner but contains more pulverized dehydrated gorrilla per cubic centimeter than Gorilla Glass 1 does. Some people have claimed they heard a very faint gorilla growl in the middle of the night even when the phone is in airplane mode-- some see an apparition of a gorilla with glowing eyes appear if only for a few moments, on the phone's screen. Middle of the night gorilla teeth mark bites are much less common.

Seriously- the phones are scratch proof from things like metal keys but it might be that a piece of glass or sand, jewels, crystals etc(harder than metal so hence more apt to scratch) could possibly scratch the surface. It could also be that the manufacturing process is not perfect so in which case you have some glass come out that cannot be scratched with keys and other metal objects but other glasses can. The box of Note 2 and S3 both say they have Gorilla Glass 2 on them- the case is so badly made on the S3 that even if you drop it from a small distance you can shatter the glass-- the Note 2 is much stronger but it has been proven - with good cases that protect the phones all corners/edges and absorb the shock with hard plastic and rubbery material is best you will greatly decrease a shattered glass incident risk(costs 240 just to replace the glass- we should have a class action suit for this- I have been careful from day one so hence no scratches or cracks but they don't even warn you at the phone store that if it slips and falls without a case, even a matter of inches it can crack the screen). Also note that by adding the stick on plastic screen protectors they seem to absorb the shockwave that would otherwise crack the glass and thus prevent the screens from stattering even on their own without a case-- however the best way to go is a good case-- some with a flip-closed cover or similer to cover the screen (that is optional which may provide an extra layer of protection but doesn't appear to be essential)-- add the case together with a plastic stick-on screen protector and you get the best protection from a scratched, shattered or cracked screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Does samsung galaxy note 2 has gorilla glass..?-promo_fossey.jpg  
    02-23-2013 01:24 PM
    Everyone that has a note 2 should definitely invest in a belt clip or a pouch..never stick this gorgeous device in a pants pocket.

Sent from my amazing HTC
    02-23-2013 01:39 PM
    5 phones later....I got an otterbox!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    02-23-2013 02:00 PM
    Everyone that has a note 2 should definitely invest in a belt clip or a pouch..never stick this gorgeous device in a pants pocket.

Sent from my amazing HTC

Or a pocket pouch of sorts. Or even a Flip Cover.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Topgonzo likes this.
    02-23-2013 05:59 PM
    I'm extremely anal about scratches on my screen so if I managed to scratch the glass I would be ultra ticked off. HTC has a good protector with all the bells and whistles and even when it gets scratched you can hardly tell. The matte finish interferes with the mobility of the s pen a bit but after you get some oil on it it slides like butter. The fingerprint resistance is fantastic so even when it has oil you cant tell. The pen doesnt scratch the protector enough to show up unless you hold it up to a light and tilt it sideways but those will buff out with a cloth and some screen clean. I've been using it for about 4 months now and I finally need to replace it with the extra that came in the pack. Normal people would keep using it but I managed to scratch it in my pocket and this one solitary scratch is driving me bonkers. I invested in a pouch and a stand case so it doesn't happen again. I was going to get a flip case but it would fit very awkward in my cradle.
    03-04-2013 06:17 PM
    in the specs note 2 have gorilla glass , but u should take screen protector , i been used galaxy s 1 for 2 years without no screen protectors and after 2 years i had 1 little almost unseen scractch , on my note 2 after using 2 weeks with flip cover and no drops or somethin already few light scratches . so i recomend u to take tempered glass or at least some cheap film covers
    06-17-2013 08:24 AM
    Memi tempered glass screen protector is only 29 dollars. It already saved my phone when I dropped it on concrete. The protector shattered but the scree was 100 percent intact. I had had it on for 4 months and it did not have a single scratch on it and they replaced my shattered protector for 75 percent off so my replacement cost me 7 dollars. They have a friend for life here.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.
    06-17-2013 08:40 AM
    The only way to truly tell is to go to the local zoo and pass your device to a Gorilla. Steal a few of his bananas and then see what happens.
    would he go bananas?
    06-18-2013 09:16 AM
    If it is gorilla glass, it's an inferior version to that which is used on the iPhone. Before I ditched my iPhone for the Note II, I'd been comfortable for two generations of iPhone NOT having a protector and I didn't so much as get a fine hair line scratch on my screen. Idiotically, I assumed the same for my Note II. MISTAKE. I got a couple of minor hairlines. Quickly put a protector on.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-18-2013 07:45 PM
    My daughter took her Nintendo DS stylus and ran it across my screen now it has a scratch in the middle -.-

Sexy Note II
    06-18-2013 07:59 PM
    If it is gorilla glass, it's an inferior version to that which is used on the iPhone. Before I ditched my iPhone for the Note II, I'd been comfortable for two generations of iPhone NOT having a protector and I didn't so much as get a fine hair line scratch on my screen. Idiotically, I assumed the same for my Note II. MISTAKE. I got a couple of minor hairlines. Quickly put a protector on.

Makes perfect sense,, much bigger screen,, much bigger chances to scratch. Perfectly logical.

06-19-2013 11:10 AM
    Makes perfect sense,, much bigger screen,, much bigger chances to scratch. Perfectly logical.

Well, ERM, no not really. Toughened glass, is toughened glass. Were not talking massive differences in surface area to really warrant what you're saying.

Fact is, the glass on the Note II is certainly not the same scratch resistant strength as that found on the iPhone. I watched an Apple rep take a key to an iPhone I was returning under warranty, bare screen. Not a mark. I would be reluctant to try the same on my Note II quite honestly.

06-19-2013 03:53 PM
    Well, ERM, no not really. Toughened glass, is toughened glass. Were not talking massive differences in surface area to really warrant what you're saying.

Fact is, the glass on the Note II is certainly not the same scratch resistant strength as that found on the iPhone. I watched an Apple rep take a key to an iPhone I was returning under warranty, bare screen. Not a mark. I would be reluctant to try the same on my Note II quite honestly.

Yea, love them iphone screens. Sitting with my daughter, she dropped her iphone 2 feet onto a soft fake tile floor and the screen shattered,, could not believe my eyes.

06-19-2013 04:41 PM
    Yea, love them iphone screens. Sitting with my daughter, she dropped her iphone 2 feet onto a soft fake tile floor and the screen shattered,, could not believe my eyes.

My wife dropped her iPhone 5 with an otterbox and the screen cracked.. what a screen .

Sexy Note II
    zmann likes this.
    06-19-2013 05:13 PM
    Should be more careful with expensive technology then.

You do realise it is possible to mention other mobile phones without it being done flame or trolling attack right?

What am I using? A Note II. What did I ditch for it? An iPhone 5. Would I go back to iPhone? Probably not. Does the iPhone have a better scratch resistant screen then the Note II? Yes it does.

It is OK to accept weaknesses and criticism in a device you own and accept in areas it is bettered by others.

06-20-2013 02:37 AM
    Who said anything about trolling?

06-20-2013 10:58 AM
52 123