Does samsung galaxy note 2 has gorilla glass..?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Those videos are a joke. If folks still fall for them I don't now what to tell you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Does samsung galaxy note 2 has gorilla glass..?

or is samsung galaxy note 2 is scratch proof?

Regards,
Palak

It is my understanding the Note 2 has gorilla glass, however, that doesn't mean care should not be taken when using or carrying the device. I do not use screen protectors, and I use the most minimalist case I can find. To date, I have never scratched or cracked a screen on any device I've owned.

But then again, I carry a microfiber cloth with me all the time to keep the screen clear of dust and massive finger prints, I don't throw my device around onto the table or in the car like it's a set of keys, and I do not allow my kids to use my device to play games (they have their own cheap little Galaxy Players for that). In other words, I paid $650 for my device (I always buy off contract) and it's not a toy.

If you take care of the device it will last a long time, and barring the unforeseen, which would truly be an accident and covered by insurance, in my opinion you should be okay.

Now that I think about it, it's probably one of the reasons I don't carry my device in my pocket. I've heard that small dust or sand particals can rub against the screen, while in your pocket, and create hairline scratches. For carrying around during the day I personally use a belt clip pouch that is used exclusively for the Note 2.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

alvarez13

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
The only way to truly tell is to go to the local zoo and pass your device to a Gorilla. Steal a few of his bananas and then see what happens.
Oh, because the glass is so strong not even a gorilla could hurt it. I thought it was called gorilla glass because it was made with real pieces of gorilla :D

executiveg

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got my note 2 yesterday. So u should I get a screen protector? Does the screen protector affect the using of the s pen ?

Sent using Android Central Forums

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got my note 2 yesterday. So u should I get a screen protector? Does the screen protector affect the using of the s pen ?

Sent using Android Central Forums

The Samsung manual said not to put a screen protector so maybe they were thinking it might interfere with the S Pen. BUT I did have a screen protector on for a while and I didn't have any problems with use of the pen. :)

Removed it though. The S pen scratches the protector (of course that was a cheap one) and all those tiny lines on my screen annoyed me. I have the samsung flip cover anyway to somehow protect the screen when in my bag. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

executiveg

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung manual said not to put a screen protector so maybe they were thinking it might interfere with the S Pen. BUT I did have a screen protector on for a while and I didn't have any problems with use of the pen. :)

Removed it though. The S pen scratches the protector (of course that was a cheap one) and all those tiny lines on my screen annoyed me. I have the samsung flip cover anyway to somehow protect the screen when in my bag. :)

thanks for the good info.
How long you had your phone? Any scrathes yet?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the good info.
How long you had your phone? Any scrathes yet?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

5 weeks. 3 weeks without screen protector, 1 week with (came with the TPU case), and now one week without. No scratches yet. Granted, I don't put it in my pockets (if sand and other debris are the culprit then im thinking that's where the screen is likely to get scratched plus it wouldn't fit even if I tried lol) but I do just throw it in my bag at times.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It does have gorilla glass 2. I just re read my owners manual that came in the box, mine says to use one. Not sure why, although I have a zagg... which seems like most people have problems with but I dont experience any other than one spot where I pressed to hard on the phone while using it...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It does have gorilla glass 2. I just re read my owners manual that came in the box, mine says to use one. Not sure why, although I have a zagg... which seems like most people have problems with but I dont experience any other than one spot where I pressed to hard on the phone while using it...

Manuals that say diff things, now that's cray. Didn't Sammy make all these manuals, US or International?:confused:

uploadfromtaptalk1354397500997.jpg

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Mines a US, TMO version... I'm hunting down my manual now lol

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Attachments