11-25-2012 08:16 PM
    Samsung sells an adapter specifically designed for this.

Sent from my BNRV200 using Tapatalk 2
    11-26-2012 09:33 AM
    For the USB to HDMI route, you have a few options. Samsung recently switched to a 11 pin USB connector (I believe the Galaxy S3 was their first phone with the change). The Note 2 has the same 11 pin connector. You can either buy the new MHL main adapter with 11 pins. HDTV Universal Adapter (11 Pin) ) or you can use an older MHL adapter like the one you linked to and buy a 5 pin to 11 pin adapter like this Samsung one HDTV Adapter TIP (5 to 11 Pin Converter) I had a MHL main adapter (5 pin) that I bought originally for my Galaxy S2. I bought the 5 pin to 11 pin adapter from Monoprice and can confirm all is well. For only $3.57 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 5pin to 11pin Micro USB Adapter for MHL Adapters and Samsung Galaxy S3 | MHL Adapters

Your other option (the cheapest if your TV or game box is DLNA compliant and connected to wifi/ethernet) is to stream the video over wifi. I have tried this with my PS3 and GN2. I tried turning on the Allshare feature, but couldn't get my PS3 to see my phone. Then I tried a share media option that was near the Allshare option in the settings and was able to get the Note2 to show up on my PS3. I then played part of a movie. I don't know what resolution is supported by DNLA/streaming, but from what I saw it didn't look as high definition as the original file (I was streaming a bluray rip that I had stored on my Note2).
    sillyrabbitt123 likes this.
    11-27-2012 06:34 PM
    Have you seen what the sam smart dock does . ...wow. i plan on getting one once they are in stock again. It has a standard html out plus multiple usb ports for say wireless mouse....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    11-28-2012 10:28 PM
    For the USB to HDMI route, you have a few options. Samsung recently switched to a 11 pin USB connector (I believe the Galaxy S3 was their first phone with the change). The Note 2 has the same 11 pin connector. You can either buy the new MHL main adapter with 11 pins. HDTV Universal Adapter (11 Pin) ) or you can use an older MHL adapter like the one you linked to and buy a 5 pin to 11 pin adapter like this Samsung one HDTV Adapter TIP (5 to 11 Pin Converter) I had a MHL main adapter (5 pin) that I bought originally for my Galaxy S2. I bought the 5 pin to 11 pin adapter from Monoprice and can confirm all is well. For only $3.57 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 5pin to 11pin Micro USB Adapter for MHL Adapters and Samsung Galaxy S3 | MHL Adapters

Your other option (the cheapest if your TV or game box is DLNA compliant and connected to wifi/ethernet) is to stream the video over wifi. I have tried this with my PS3 and GN2. I tried turning on the Allshare feature, but couldn't get my PS3 to see my phone. Then I tried a share media option that was near the Allshare option in the settings and was able to get the Note2 to show up on my PS3. I then played part of a movie. I don't know what resolution is supported by DNLA/streaming, but from what I saw it didn't look as high definition as the original file (I was streaming a bluray rip that I had stored on my Note2).
    thanks again for all the info. i will try the dlna route and or maybe buy the adapter[s].
    11-29-2012 07:29 AM