What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
An apk file doesn't guarantee that you can pirate the app. There is authentication on most apps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Most app devs still don't use authentication, it's really strange.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone and am thinking about Note 2. How do you turn ringer off on a Note 2?

Press the volume down button until it goes into vibrate mode, then press the button again to go into silent mode.
You can also press and hold the power button, then select Mute, Vibrate, or Sound.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
There is also a toggle on the pull down notification bar... says sound.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
How do you do it if the phone is in your pocket, looks to me like the screen as to be on to do any of these. I'm kind of used to just reaching in my pocket on the iphone and just sliding the switch to silent.

Press the volume down button until it goes into vibrate mode, then press the button again to go into silent mode.
You can also press and hold the power button, then select Mute, Vibrate, or Sound.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
You unlock the screen while in your pocket and hold the volume rocker?

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
so unlock the screen, slide to open the screen, then hold the volume rocker? Are there any other workarounds or quicker ways to do it, someone might think I was playing pocket pool making all those moves inside my pocket.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Most app devs still don't use authentication, it's really strange.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Then they shouldn't complain. Its like any program. If they don't use the proper protection then they can only blame themselves.

zolgi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
so unlock the screen, slide to open the screen, then hold the volume rocker? Are there any other workarounds or quicker ways to do it, someone might think I was playing pocket pool making all those moves inside my pocket.

Just press power key or home key. No need to unlock screen. Then press and hold power key 1 sec and there is options to mute vibrate or sounds on.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
How do you do it if the phone is in your pocket, looks to me like the screen as to be on to do any of these. I'm kind of used to just reaching in my pocket on the iphone and just sliding the switch to silent.

Don't think there's an easier way than the switch on the side of the iPhone.
There are some ways using 3rd party apps. For example...
I rarely change the different modes manually on my phone during the work week. I use an app called MyProfiles, and I set up custom profiles that change at certain times of the day based on times I set. For instance, when driving to work I have it automatically switch to sound mode. Around the time I get to work I have it go to vibrate mode. Around the time I get home I have it set to switch to sound mode and turn wifi on. There are numerous profiles you can create. You can have it change profiles based on cell tower location, but I rarely use that option.

Last edited:

canadoc

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Facetime is for teenage girls.

Taste it. Im sorry but as a previous iphone owner, there is nothing an iphone does that an android device cant do better. I am so glad I dont have to go to itunes for every little thing. You cant do anything on an iOS device unless steve jobs' ghost says you can. Ive jailbroken my old iphone quite a few times and it was still behind android in terms of functionality. And thats with the android device remaining stock.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Former iphone user here love my note 2!!!!
One thing iphone does better naturally is itunesU. There is no official app for it though there is tunes viewer. Problem is if the lecturer makes his lecture private, you need an ios device to login and see the content....

canadoc

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Camera quick start. This is the one feature that I miss the most. I loved being able to just drag up on the camera directly from the lockscreen on the iPhone and the camera would open w/o unlocking your device. This was an outstanding feature as I am required by my company's policy to have an alpha/numeric password on my phone which often hampers me from getting my camera open in time to catch that priceless snapshot. Even though you can put a camera shortcut on the lockscreen, I still have to unlock the phone before the camera opens and anyone with kids knows, if you take too long you miss out on the opportunity for a great shot.

I would argue against this point.With the iphone you still have to hit the home button to turn on the lockscreen and then swipe up on the camera softbutton.
This is no different than having the camera as a shortcut on the Note 2.
Hit home button and swipe up on the camera.
Alternatively you can even set it so when u hit home button with your thumb on the screen and rotate into camera position it auto launches the camera.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I will neverEVER use apple products.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

HEHE! Sort of a variation on my personal position: I will never purchase another Apple product of ANY KIND. I got caught up in the ipod craze and own at least 10 ipods of various models. heck between my wife and I we have FOUR touches. Never again will I be going into an Apple store to consider the purchase of ANYTHING they have got for sale. It is a promise that is easily kept. :)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
HEHE! Sort of a variation on my personal position: I will never purchase another Apple product of ANY KIND. I got caught up in the ipod craze and own at least 10 ipods of various models. heck between my wife and I we have FOUR touches. Never again will I be going into an Apple store to consider the purchase of ANYTHING they have got for sale. It is a promise that is easily kept. :)

I had 1 ipod touch, and it fried after 2-3 years. That plus knowing how bare bones iOS is, made me now very wanna touch an Apple product again.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Former iphone user here love my note 2!!!!
One thing iphone does better naturally is itunesU. There is no official app for it though there is tunes viewer. Problem is if the lecturer makes his lecture private, you need an ios device to login and see the content....
I have no idea what you were taking about.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20