03-11-2013 10:11 PM
360 12345 ...
tools
    Wow, didn't realize I was missing that.

Thanks again VZW! My wife's S3 doesn't either!

Will someone else with a VZW N2 or S3 check to see if yours does? I'd appreciate it.
    If u have a password or pin on your lock screen then u can't pull down the notification bar on ANY carrier. However if its just slide then u can pull it down on ANY carrier bro.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Harlemknight and nlitenme like this.
    01-19-2013 01:06 AM
    I'm sure I misunderstood the question, but did you mean "What can the iPhone 7 do better?" Because in terms of hardware and software, in the iPhone 5, Apple is approximately up to speed with where Samsung and Android were on the Galaxy S2. The Note 2 is so far more advanced you're comparing a beer (Apple) to a great aged scotch (Android). Yes, beer is good and serves the purpose, but if they are the same price or if for some reason the Scotch was cheaper, unless you REALLY LIKE BEER or REALLY HATE SCOTCH, most would choose the Scotch. I doubt Apple will catch up the hardware of the Note 2 for at least 2 years, and they've shown no initiative in catching up in the feature sets of Touchwiz or Android in any recent version of iOS.
    01-19-2013 01:23 AM
    "Extra credit"? I simply said the Facetime feature on the iPhone is a neat feature in which I've seen used in many cool ways in the healthcare field. In case you haven't noticed, a LOT of people own iPhones, so it's easy to just pick up your phone and facetime from any location, anywhere that receives a signal or wifi connection.

How is having an entire family bringing out a laptop or having to sit down in front of a PC and then arranging the OTHER party to do the same thing EASIER than two people whipping out an iPhone and facetiming anywhere they get a signal?

I don't even own an iPhone, I just think it's a great feature that's quick, convenient, and easy to use that's provided into the interface of the phone.
    Hangouts work on phones, tablets, pc's, TV's and now an oven. They work on Android, Windows and iOS. Facetime is very very difficult to use on Windows and I know of no way to make it work on Android.
    01-19-2013 01:30 AM
    I'm a fan boy because I help people when they claim " it's so hard to get music on my ipod?" I use what phone I think is better and right now I believe it to be the iphone 5. I bothers me when I see people post lame excuses about what the iphone can't do but when I correct them I'm a fanboi? Sorry, I just don't like people posting false information. I'm here because I had/have a SG3, SGN2, HTC One X, HTC One X+, and Nexus. Oh, and 2 Nexus 7. I come here to figure out ways to make these phones better.
    When iOS was compared to Froyo and Gingerbread and was winning, I disagreed somewhat, but I could see the other side's perspective. If you have used all of those devices with superior hardware to the iPhones and with ICS and Jelly Bean and are still saying you believe the iphone 5 is superior to any of them, I am not questioning your motives, I question your credibility. Either you didn't use those devices in earnest, or are extremely biased. Better hardware + Better software = Win. Apple has been losing on both counts for quite awhile now and they've not shown any progress on improvement for several generations.
    01-19-2013 01:35 AM
    If u have a password or pin on your lock screen then u can't pull down the notification bar on ANY carrier. However if its just slide then u can pull it down on ANY carrier bro.

Thanks! That explains it. We never go without a password on our phones.
    01-19-2013 05:15 AM
    Facetime is for teenage girls.

Taste it. Im sorry but as a previous iphone owner, there is nothing an iphone does that an android device cant do better. I am so glad I dont have to go to itunes for every little thing. You cant do anything on an iOS device unless steve jobs' ghost says you can. Ive jailbroken my old iphone quite a few times and it was still behind android in terms of functionality. And thats with the android device remaining stock.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    01-19-2013 05:20 AM
    It seems like only Apple enthusiasts buy Apple Tvs
    I purchased an Apple TV, as well as a Roku box. I'm able to stream better from my android device to the Apple TV. I use PlayTo and iMediaShare apps to do so.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    gadgetman#CB likes this.
    01-19-2013 05:56 AM
    Facetime is for teenage girls.

Taste it. Im sorry but as a previous iphone owner, there is nothing an iphone does that an android device cant do better. I am so glad I dont have to go to itunes for every little thing. You cant do anything on an iOS device unless steve jobs' ghost says you can. Ive jailbroken my old iphone quite a few times and it was still behind android in terms of functionality. And thats with the android device remaining stock.

They can bore you better/faster :rolleyes:

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    croppz likes this.
    01-19-2013 05:57 AM
    They can bore you better/faster :rolleyes:

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Hahahah this is very true

TomsAndroid likes this.
    01-19-2013 06:00 AM
    This thread didn't need all these pages. Lol. To answer op's question. Simple put... Nothing. Lol. /closethread goodnight everybody. Haha

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    01-19-2013 06:02 AM

Will someone else with a VZW N2 or S3 check to see if yours does? I'd appreciate it.
    I have a Verizon Note 2 and I'm able to pull down the notification shade just fine from the lock screen. I'm running 4.1.1
    It also works on my wife's S3.

01-19-2013 06:09 AM

Do you guys have password locks on? That might be it

Edit:nvm someone beat me to it lol
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    01-19-2013 08:12 AM
    What do you guys think, is the iphone still competitive with the galaxy note 2 or are we talking apples and oranges?
    The one thing i have noticed that the iphone does better than the note 2 is waste your money
    01-19-2013 08:26 AM
    Just found out that the iPhone can email large video files. It converts them to a smaller size before sending. Something that can't be done on Android natively.
    I always get file size too large errors when trying to email most of my videos.

01-19-2013 08:42 AM
    There is one thing that an iPhone or iDevice could that an Android could not. It is listening to Overdrive WMA audiobooks! I listen to about 50 to 70 audiobooks a year on Overdrive for free. They are the new audiobooks not the out of copyright old ones. The only problem is most of them are in protected WMA format. You will have to find a software to break the WMA protection if you want to play it on Android device. But if you want to play it on an iDevice, Overdrive will let you use iTunes to convert it to m4b on the iDevice.

It took me a while, but I found a way to get around this by first loading it on to my old iPhone, and then use a free software that extract music from iPhone to PC to extract the m4b files back out. So every week when I have to load a new audiobook, I have to break out my old iPhone, load the book to it, extract it back out to the PC and load it to my Note II.
    01-19-2013 09:19 AM
    I've tried and returned the Note 2 twice, really wanting to make the switch. Thinking seriously about trying again. To me, the iphone is simpler to use and "just works" , the upgrade process on Andorid, especially with Verizon is frustrating as was some of the other things. I love the screen size and was getting close to keeping it when my 14 days was drawing to a close. My girlfriend and I share reminders, I Facetime with the grandkids out of state, and I love Tweetbot and how it synchs read tweets via iCloud between my iPhone, iPad, and Macbook Air. Convince me guys, what similar Android programs will help me make the jump and stick with the Note 2, Verizon is 3 miles down the road and calling my name again.
    Anyone got an answer for my uses in above if I give the Note 2 another try. All these "the note 2 is better" answers may be true but if I can find alternatives for the ways I use my iphone 5, I'm in. I tried Plume for Twitter, not bad. I know some todo apps allow sharing by email and Google Talk or Skype could be a somewhat less easy alternative to FaceTime. Any others? How do you guys carry the Note 2, I usually just put my Iphone 5 in my back pocket. Thanks.
    gadgetman#CB likes this.
    01-19-2013 09:41 AM
    iPhone syncs much better with laptop or desktop computers. Calendar and contacts sync much more easily and with less grief. GN2 is no better than most Android phones in this regard, which is execrable.
    01-19-2013 09:03 PM
    far less buggy in another dimension, the times i had to reboot to fix something on my note 2 far surpasses the times i have even turned my iPhone off
    iPhone 5 is also much more durable imo, alot of youtube videos show the note 2 absolutely failing the drop test (the screen shatters) while the s3 and all other devices survive it with a few necks and scuffs
    iPhone 5 is also much more simpler to use, lighter, smaller, and WAY more brighter (you can't see anything if you use your Note 2 in bland sunny outside daylight)
    If you break your iPhone 5 or get the screen cracked it's also easier to find some one on craigslist or some other third party to fix it since pretty much everyone has an iPhone and the demand for services to it are high. I recently tried calling a few places to see if they can replace my home button and they said they don't service any Note 2s
    01-19-2013 09:24 PM
    It seems like pulling that thin back cover off on a regular basis will break it pretty quickly.
    Agree. My back cover is now loose because of the constant baterry change. Too bad. But other than that. Still better battery life than iPhone5 for me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    01-20-2013 05:44 AM
    The menus are under settings. What's so difficult about putting the music on there? You plug it in to itunes an sync music. Itunes will find you music if you tell it to find your music. It's, at most, a 3 step process.
    I understand where you're coming from but I'm one of those rare people who find iTunes to be more of a pain than its worth. Drag and Drop > iTunes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
    GrooveRite likes this.
    01-20-2013 06:10 AM
    Agree. My back cover is now loose because of the constant baterry change. Too bad. But other than that. Still better battery life than iPhone5 for me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    This shouldn't be necessary but put electrical tape right by the clips almost touching fully and the case will close easier and not creak.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
    01-20-2013 06:11 AM
    What android phone u HAD doesn't mean jack lol. U praise apple bro IMO. Getting music on iTunes will NEVER EVER be easier than android or BB. DRAG N DROP OR GTFO

BANG!! My thoughts EXACT!!
    01-20-2013 10:39 AM
    Roku > apple tv

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    01-20-2013 11:20 AM
    Anyone got an answer for my uses in above if I give the Note 2 another try. All these "the note 2 is better" answers may be true but if I can find alternatives for the ways I use my iphone 5, I'm in. I tried Plume for Twitter, not bad. I know some todo apps allow sharing by email and Google Talk or Skype could be a somewhat less easy alternative to FaceTime. Any others? How do you guys carry the Note 2, I usually just put my Iphone 5 in my back pocket. Thanks.
    ... back left pocket.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
    01-20-2013 11:52 AM
    Drag and drop? Seriously? The iPhone uses WiFi sync. No drag needed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    01-20-2013 11:56 AM
360 12345 ...