What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
So can we and for the people who don't wanna use that drag and drop

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Not to mention Airdroid lets put stuff on our phone from our computer, and OFF our phone to our computer.

Wifi sync for iPhones is a one way deal, and that's if it works.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
+1

Wifi sync with iPhone does that too. Honestly, what can the Note 2 do that the iPhone 5 can't? I had a Note 2. My answer to that is nothing. The things that were not built into iOS I found an app. Except for that dual window stuff which I never found a use for.

I use my phone for music and Android doesn't come close. No GarageBand or anything close. No iRig or any high class music apps. That's why I always went back. Plus the camera which I use at concerts. The note 2 video camera always distorted and just sucked at concerts. The note 2 was a good phone but just not for me

There's no other video chat easier than FaceTime. If you've never owned an Apple product that can FaceTime then you have no say on this. I don't have to open an app like Android. It's built in. Easy as calling or sending a text. I haven't found anything on google that's as easy. My kids FaceTime me from their iPad. I FaceTime my wife. You don't have to be on wifi. My kids FaceTime the grandparents. FT is easy. I can switch from FT to a voice call during the call and vice versa with just a button push. You do need an Apple product.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
So far my only complaint is the camera isn't as good at taking pics as I thought it would be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Wifi sync with iPhone does that too. Honestly, what can the Note 2 do that the iPhone 5 can't? I had a Note 2. My answer to that is nothing. The things that were not built into iOS I found an app. Except for that dual window stuff which I never found a use for.

I use my phone for music and Android doesn't come close. No GarageBand or anything close. No iRig or any high class music apps. That's why I always went back. Plus the camera which I use at concerts. The note 2 video camera always distorted and just sucked at concerts. The note 2 was a good phone but just not for me

There's no other video chat easier than FaceTime. If you've never owned an Apple product that can FaceTime then you have no say on this. I don't have to open an app like Android. It's built in. Easy as calling or sending a text. I haven't found anything on google that's as easy. My kids FaceTime me from their iPad. I FaceTime my wife. You don't have to be on wifi. My kids FaceTime the grandparents. FT is easy. I can switch from FT to a voice call during the call and vice versa with just a button push. You do need an Apple product.

This guy is seriously suffering from the placebo effect

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
This guy is seriously suffering from the placebo effect

Lol. Really. Because I don't agree with you? Well millions of other people agree with me. Show me a GarageBand type app or something even in the same league. No Pro Tools or anything.

Show me where video chatting on Android is as easy as FaceTime? You can't because it not. I tried all of the chats on Android and FT is the easiest. Easy enough where my 3 yr old would FaceTime me while I'm at work from his iPad. I'm glad the Note 2 is a great phone for you. But it's not for every one.

It was a great phone for those 2 weeks. I even got Google wallet to work using clean rom. I played with S-pen too. Even played with the MULTI window thing. But then the newness wore off. It did no more than my iPhone 5. I don't use my phone as a jump drive so that was useless to me me. That's what drop box is for.

That video where the guy made his note 2 a laptop was nice but then that's why I have a Lap top.

I'm waiting on the S4. I believe that phone will be nice. But then again, Apple fired the guy over iOs so expect a major revamp in iOs 7. So we'll see.

Last edited:

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Lol. Really. Because I don't agree with you? Well millions of other people agree with me. Show me a GarageBand type app or something even in the same league. No Pro Tools or anything.

Show me where video chatting on Android is as easy as FaceTime? You can't because it not. I tried all of the chats on Android and FT is the easiest. Easy enough where my 3 yr old would FaceTime me while I'm at work from his iPad. I'm glad the Note 2 is a great phone for you. But it's not for every one.

It was a great phone for those 2 weeks. I even got Google wallet to work using clean rom. I played with S-pen too. Even played with the MULTI window thing. But then the newness wore off. It did no more than my iPhone 5. I don't use my phone as a jump drive so that was useless to me me. That's what drop box is for.

That video where the guy made his note 2 a laptop was nice but then that's why I have a Lap top.

I'm waiting on the S4. I believe that phone will be nice. But then again, Apple fired the guy over iOs so expect a major revamp in iOs 7. So we'll see.

I was just giving you hell man lol. I dont have a note 2, i have a DNA. But you cant really compare a note 2 and the iphone. 2 entirely diffrent devices. Youd be better off comparing the S3 or DNA. Ive already done a ton of stuff on my phone that my jailbroken iphone couldnt do.

To each his own. I hope the s4 doesnt come with that 8 core processor. No need for that. Im definitely interested to see what comes of iOS 7, and maybe theyll make a device thats up to par with todays tech.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I was just giving you hell man lol. I dont have a note 2, i have a DNA. But you cant really compare a note 2 and the iphone. 2 entirely diffrent devices. Youd be better off comparing the S3 or DNA. Ive already done a ton of stuff on my phone that my jailbroken iphone couldnt do.

To each his own. I hope the s4 doesnt come with that 8 core processor. No need for that. Im definitely interested to see what comes of iOS 7, and maybe theyll make a device thats up to par with todays tech.

Tried to buy a DNA but guy backed out. I heard the Butterfly let's you use an sd card. I'm looking for one v

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
...I use my note as a ps3 and a wii controller...

As for garage band, since I've never used it, idk what it is exactly.

Video calls... because an app isn't good enough.. tinychat, skype, oovoo...

I've found something I can do on my note that an iPhone couldn't do straight out of the box... be awesome. Oh. And I can customize my home screens however I'd like.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That's an option, but it requires you to upload the file to DropBix. A 30-40 second video clip can easily be around 70+ MB. Doing this often can eat up your data if you're on one of the new Shared Plans.
iOS can compress and send the same video with a file size around 3 MB.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Well it sounds like you need to spend the extra $20 a month and get the real experience. Any 3mb video isn't worth watching imo.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Well it sounds like you need to spend the extra $20 a month and get the real experience. Any 3mb video isn't worth watching imo.

Spend $240/year to share videos in HD? You can't be serious. We all know that a compressed video will not be in HD quality, but there are times when a non HD video will be fine to quickly share.
All I'm saying is that this should be an option in the Android OS, just like that of iOS. Android can compress large photos, so why not compress videos?

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

This is funny because I have 80 gb of Dropbox space for free. I got the 25 gb free from using the SGS3 and then 50 gb free from using the Note 2.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Hahaha talk about delusional haha u guys JUST GOT LTE. ENOUGH SAID

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

You just contradicted yourself. You said "no big deal, for things ios doesnt have built in I can find an app." Then you say facetime is great because unlike android, you dont need an app because facetime is built in.

Edit: ive confused myself. Sorry

Edit: what really does ios have that android doesnt? Ya sure if 6/7 people in your family have iphones and you dont then things will be easy like video chatting. But what if those 6 people had android devices? Whats so wrong with Google talk, skype, any of those?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Spend $240/year to share videos in HD? You can't be serious. We all know that a compressed video will not be in HD quality, but there are times when a non HD video will be fine to quickly share.
All I'm saying is that this should be an option in the Android OS, just like that of iOS. Android can compress large photos, so why not compress videos?

you are 100% correct but you should still spend the extra money if your data plan is so small that you can't upload a video because you will run out of data.

sterandroids

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Exclusive apps i guess? Just switched from an iphone 5 to a note 2 and im kinda missing some of my nice ios games. Aside from that however the note 2 is awesome. Just 3 days old with my note 2 and i can probably list about 10-15 things it can do that the iphone 5 cant. But i do miss my apps a little bit!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21