What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
tewest86....Just from my short time participating in these forums, it's plain to see that you are an Apple fanboi. The bulk of the posts I see you post on are ones comparing iPhone and Android. And you are ALWAYS praising Apple. Just honestly curious as to why you even post on here? It is an Android forum after all.

The post honestly wasn't a praise. I don't understand where the confusion with iTunes comes from.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Better yet, pull down the drop down menu on the home screen, tap Sound (might have to tap twice, goes from Vibrate to Mute), done.

This requires your phone to be past the lock screen already. I was offering an option from when the phone is sleeping, which is when the hardware switch on the iphone 5 is the handiest.

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
It's not that I'm wishy washy, I seriously wanting to make the switch, does anyone have any productive comments on the uses I've mentioned that are good alternatives in Android. I realize this is an Android forum but not all of us Apple users are out to bash you guys. I like the idea of the things you can do with Android that aren't possible with IOS, just looking for some alternatives for the IOS features/programs I like to use on an almost daily basis.

Just stick with the iphone, seriously. If you are that wishy washy about it you are going to keep wanting to go back.

Each device suits everyone differently. If you are more comfortable with the iphone then it is definitely for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
This requires your phone to be past the lock screen already. I was offering an option from when the phone is sleeping, which is when the hardware switch on the iphone 5 is the handiest.

You can pull the notification shade down right on the lock screen.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Not on a N2 on 4.1.1, at least not on mine. If you know a way to activate that, please share.

But yes, that makes it even easier.

My GS3 does it and my coworkers note 2 on sprit does. I didn't turn anything on or off in regards to this tho so I'm not sure why there's a difference.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My GS3 does it and my coworkers note 2 on sprit does. I didn't turn anything on or off in regards to this tho so I'm not sure why there's a difference.

Wow, didn't realize I was missing that.

Thanks again VZW! My wife's S3 doesn't either! :mad:

Will someone else with a VZW N2 or S3 check to see if yours does? I'd appreciate it.

jollydogg

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Lol, if you don't have when iphone, how do you know? And as was stated, you can do the sane thing with Google. It's just a thing that "no one thinks it to that innovative" that apple tries to make it seem so special. Same thing with all the rest of the things android users consider "basic" because it's just a standard feature.

That's why apple gets no "extra credit" or imho, credit at all. Too be honest and blunt, there really is nothing better the iphone can do besides take pictures nicely out of the box. THAT'S IT! Anything else is being kind and politically correct. That's just the truth.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Um, I know because I've owned and used an iPhone before.....? It's much more convenient to facetime over a connection for two families that already own iPhones. I was simply stating one good aspect of an iPhone, not trying to compare everything else. Heel.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you mistyped, because the post at the end said you "didn't even own an iPhone", but whatever, really doesn't matter.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow, didn't realize I was missing that.

Thanks again VZW! My wife's S3 doesn't either! :mad:

Will someone else with a VZW N2 or S3 check to see if yours does? I'd appreciate it.

If u have a password or pin on your lock screen then u can't pull down the notification bar on ANY carrier. However if its just slide then u can pull it down on ANY carrier bro.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure I misunderstood the question, but did you mean "What can the iPhone 7 do better?" Because in terms of hardware and software, in the iPhone 5, Apple is approximately up to speed with where Samsung and Android were on the Galaxy S2. The Note 2 is so far more advanced you're comparing a beer (Apple) to a great aged scotch (Android). Yes, beer is good and serves the purpose, but if they are the same price or if for some reason the Scotch was cheaper, unless you REALLY LIKE BEER or REALLY HATE SCOTCH, most would choose the Scotch. I doubt Apple will catch up the hardware of the Note 2 for at least 2 years, and they've shown no initiative in catching up in the feature sets of Touchwiz or Android in any recent version of iOS.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
"Extra credit"? I simply said the Facetime feature on the iPhone is a neat feature in which I've seen used in many cool ways in the healthcare field. In case you haven't noticed, a LOT of people own iPhones, so it's easy to just pick up your phone and facetime from any location, anywhere that receives a signal or wifi connection.

How is having an entire family bringing out a laptop or having to sit down in front of a PC and then arranging the OTHER party to do the same thing EASIER than two people whipping out an iPhone and facetiming anywhere they get a signal?

I don't even own an iPhone, I just think it's a great feature that's quick, convenient, and easy to use that's provided into the interface of the phone.

Hangouts work on phones, tablets, pc's, TV's and now an oven. They work on Android, Windows and iOS. Facetime is very very difficult to use on Windows and I know of no way to make it work on Android.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm a fan boy because I help people when they claim " it's so hard to get music on my ipod?" I use what phone I think is better and right now I believe it to be the iphone 5. I bothers me when I see people post lame excuses about what the iphone can't do but when I correct them I'm a fanboi? Sorry, I just don't like people posting false information. I'm here because I had/have a SG3, SGN2, HTC One X, HTC One X+, and Nexus. Oh, and 2 Nexus 7. I come here to figure out ways to make these phones better.

When iOS was compared to Froyo and Gingerbread and was winning, I disagreed somewhat, but I could see the other side's perspective. If you have used all of those devices with superior hardware to the iPhones and with ICS and Jelly Bean and are still saying you believe the iphone 5 is superior to any of them, I am not questioning your motives, I question your credibility. Either you didn't use those devices in earnest, or are extremely biased. Better hardware + Better software = Win. Apple has been losing on both counts for quite awhile now and they've not shown any progress on improvement for several generations.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If u have a password or pin on your lock screen then u can't pull down the notification bar on ANY carrier. However if its just slide then u can pull it down on ANY carrier bro.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! That explains it. We never go without a password on our phones.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Facetime is for teenage girls.

Taste it. Im sorry but as a previous iphone owner, there is nothing an iphone does that an android device cant do better. I am so glad I dont have to go to itunes for every little thing. You cant do anything on an iOS device unless steve jobs' ghost says you can. Ive jailbroken my old iphone quite a few times and it was still behind android in terms of functionality. And thats with the android device remaining stock.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It seems like only Apple enthusiasts buy Apple Tvs

I purchased an Apple TV, as well as a Roku box. I'm able to stream better from my android device to the Apple TV. I use PlayTo and iMediaShare apps to do so.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Facetime is for teenage girls.

Taste it. Im sorry but as a previous iphone owner, there is nothing an iphone does that an android device cant do better. I am so glad I dont have to go to itunes for every little thing. You cant do anything on an iOS device unless steve jobs' ghost says you can. Ive jailbroken my old iphone quite a few times and it was still behind android in terms of functionality. And thats with the android device remaining stock.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

They can bore you better/faster :rolleyes:

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
This thread didn't need all these pages. Lol. To answer op's question. Simple put... Nothing. Lol. /closethread goodnight everybody. Haha

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital